Thai Fish sauce, tahini, and canned chick peas?

Thai Fish sauce, tahini, and canned chick peas?

Where can I find these items? Preferably in the south. Ideally in Chaiyi. :help:

Tahini has been asked about before (hint: search). Go to just about any corner or convenience store and ask for zhimajiang meaning literally sesame sauce.

芝麻醬

What about Thai fish sauce and canned chick peas?

Thai fish sauce is commonly available at ordinary grocery stores like Wellcome in Taiwan, at least in Taipei. Chick peas, I dunno.

You can get it all at City Super in Taipei. Near the Linguang MRT. I know a little far from Chiayi but you can stock up on this stuff.

[quote=“Juba”]Tahini has been asked about before (hint: search). Go to just about any corner or convenience store and ask for zhimajiang meaning literally sesame sauce.

芝麻醬

[/quote]

No offense, but that shit doesn’t taste anything like the tahini you can get from City Super.

anything particularly special about that supermarket mm? hadn’t heard of it.

I buy canned chickpeas (Garbanzo beans) all the time at Welcome

I’ve heard folks can get garbanzos and refried beans at Wellcome, but the ones near me don’t have either!!! :frowning:

In Kaohsiung you can get Thai Fish sauce at Carrafour, I’ve found canned chick peas at Dollars and I found Tahini at a whole food store. If you’re going to make a trip to Kaohsiung head to Jason’s they have all of the above.

The Sesame Sauce I bought is dark in colour. It had a “nuttier” taste than light coloured tahini.

There’s a sale on Thai ingredients and all things Thai at RTMart from May 17th to 30th, including fish sauce, curry pastes, dried galangal (kha, aka Thai ginger), kaffir lime leaves, etc. etc. I didn’t even realize they sold kha and kaffir lime leaves!

I just bought Kaffir Lime Leaves down here in Jiayi at Carrefour. Made a mean green curry.

Yummmm

Thanks for the info, Dragonbones.

I remember that RT Mart had a sale on all things Thai around this time last year (maybe it’s an annual thing) and I picked up some good sauces and other treats, all at a good price. A sweet and spicy dipping sauce for chicken was particularly good.

Now, I’ll just have to wait for the annual beer sale (beers from 'round the world) that they seem to roll out every summer. :slight_smile:

Thanks, again, for the heads-up about this.

Oh, and I saw both dried and canned garbanzo beans (chick peas) at RTMart last week.