Thank the Chinese gods for rain

About 8 pm tonight, my nightmare was beginning. Firecrackers. Oh the pain of someone else’s joy. I figured I would have to listen to them until 2 am.

But…Suddenly, heavy downpour of rain has come about. Could there be a god here that actually understands English prayers??? :astonished: :slight_smile: :yay: :yay: :banana:

Your Welcome! :sunglasses:

[quote=“Namahottie”]About 8 pm tonight, my nightmare was beginning. Firecrackers. Oh the pain of someone else’s joy. I figured I would have to listen to them until 2 am.

But…Suddenly, heavy downpour of rain has come about. Could there be a god here that actually understands English prayers??? :astonished: :slight_smile: :yay: :yay: :banana:[/quote]

Uh, sorry to rain on your parade, but you’ll probably still be hearing them. In fact, I am already. Super, heavy-duty, water-resistant firecrackers; that’s the ticket. Either that, or light them in the house and toss them out the window before they go off… :wink:

[quote=“citizen k”]
Uh, sorry to rain on your parade, but you’ll probably still be hearing them. In fact, I am already. Super, heavy-duty, water-resistant firecrackers; that’s the ticket. [color=darkred]Either that, or light them in the house and toss them out the window before they go off… :wink:[/color][/quote] :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Why is that not hard to believe here? :noway: :smiley: :bravo:

My father-in-law is doing that right now… :laughing:

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“citizen k”]
Uh, sorry to rain on your parade, but you’ll probably still be hearing them. In fact, I am already. Super, heavy-duty, water-resistant firecrackers; that’s the ticket. [color=darkred]Either that, or light them in the house and toss them out the window before they go off… :wink:[/color][/quote] :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Why is that not hard to believe here? :noway: :smiley: :bravo:[/quote]

Have a good one, kiddo. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Earplugs.

My place is all quiet. YAY!!!

My father-in-law is doing that right now… :laughing:[/quote]

Dude? Don’t tell me you post when you camp? :astonished:

Last year was nuts. The rain tonight will make tomorrow be crazy, Where can I buy those huge ass ones. I want to set off a crazy big one!

boom boom boom

booya!

[quote=“JadeEmpirePlaya”]Last year was nuts. The rain tonight will make tomorrow be crazy, Where can I buy those huge ass ones. I want to set off a crazy big one!

boom boom boom[/quote]

Too right! My best CNY’s here involved a pretty intense encounter with pyrotechnics! Sssssssss…Boom! :slight_smile:

My father-in-law is doing that right now… :laughing:[/quote]

Dude? Don’t tell me you post when you camp? :astonished:[/quote]
Hell no! I’m stuck in Sanchong for the evening, fulfilling my obligations as a dutiful son-in-law and watching inane TV shows, and gambling away small change with dice in a bowl with my in-laws. We’ll hit the road around 1:00 am or so, and won’t stop until we’re in sunny Kending. (He says optimistically)

Damn them they braved the rain. DAMN THEM!!

Maoman wrote:

I’m glad to see somebody else agrees with me! I did six and a half hours almost straight of watching those crazy shows. Lots of people getting food thrown on them, little kid singing contests, Guess Who Got the Disgusting Food, and the like. Oh, the torture! Fireworks were kept to a fair minimum, mostly around midnight but a couple of Chery Bomb equivalents were set off where we were.

Would some send me the rain dance for Yong He Gods. The firecrackers here are about to make me go bonkers!!!

:yay: (me losing my mind in the house)

[quote=“Namahottie”]Would some send me the rain dance for Yonghe Gods. The firecrackers here are about to make me go bonkers!!!

:yay: (me losing my mind in the house)[/quote]

Yea! The gods of gunpowder have taken the night here, as well… :tic:

…still going…

Rain is wonderful when umbrellas aren’t involved.

Agreed. throw umbrellas into the mix and someone is in perilof loosing an eye, namely the 6’2" gringo that stands head and shoulders above most of the umbrella carrying shorties. :saywhat:

The rain didn’t supress the good folks of Macau they’re enthusiasm for things that go bang! Wild night there on CNY. Very quiet and heavenly sunshine back here in HK.

HG