Thanksgiving dinner, precooked turkey, trimmings, ingredients etc.?

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know if there is somewhere that cooks thanksgiving dinner, or at least turkey…or has turkey’s for sale that are already made…maybe that sells anything related to thanksgiving…

It would be very helpful…thanks

Lots of places. Any major hotel. Jakes, Post49, etc. Make reservations in advance. Calvary International Baptist Church has Turkey dinner this Sunday, and it won’t cost you anything–except your soul!

I got jellied cranberry sauce just like in USA at Jason’s. But now I was able to scheme a trip home for Turkey Day so will have when I return.

You can buy canned pumpkin to make a pie at Wellman’s in Tianmu - but I don’t recall seeing any evaporated milk there. Then again, I wasn’t looking…so maybe. I wouldn’t recommend buying any of their frozen turkeys, since the kielbasa they have has an expiration date of May 2002!

thanks for all the info…i’ll definately check out jason’s for the cranberry idea…but i was looking more for somewhere i can just kinda buy the meal and bring it to my school for the kids…instead of me making it…i think a frozen turkey would break my oven (taiwanese call it oven, i refer to it as a toaster)…anyways…thanks for the input

Just got back from Costco in JonghHe. Back where they cook the BBQ chicken in the meat cooler next to the BBQ place you will find medium-large size pre-cooked turkeys. They are too big for my toaster oven but you could strip the meat and re-heat for your class. Damned spendy though. !900 NT each.
They also had the frozen whole cranberries last time I was there but I didn’t look this time. They had Scones which is a kind of on and off proposition.
I also looked for Best Foods Mayo. yepper. Had it.
The pumpkin pie filling is ALWAYS available at UTA, 125 MinLe Rd in Dihua area off Minsheng W. near the wharf. They also have evap. milk all the time but - really - this is available most every place I shop. If your going to spring for the turkey you might as well also buy the big pumpkin pie from Costco. 300 NT each but they were out when I was there tonight.

I’ll definately be checking costco out a little more…that’s very helpful, thanks a bunch

Any thoughts or tips about which hotel or restaurant does the best turkey and trimming meals to go?

Any places to avoid?

There seem to be a bunch of five-star hotels and other places that put these meals together, and I want to find one that won’t disappoint.

Thanks for the help.

Is the Tavern Premier holding a Thanksgiving Dinner this year?

[quote=“seeker4”]Is the Tavern Premier holding a Thanksgiving Dinner this year?[/quote]I thought the Tavern was almost exclusively European in its sports, food and clebrations? I doubt they would do anything Thanksgiving related.

You are quite incorrect. Michel is actually holding TWO Thanksgiving dinners. Capone’s is having what sounds like a more fancy “take the wife out” dinner tonight (Thursday) for around NT$880, if I recall correctly, and The Tavern itself is having a Thanksgiving buffet on Friday evening from 7-10pm, I think for about NT$500.

You are quite incorrect. Michel is actually holding TWO Thanksgiving dinners. Capone’s is having what sounds like a more fancy “take the wife out” dinner tonight (Thursday) for around NT$880, if I recall correctly, and The Tavern itself is having a Thanksgiving buffet on Friday evening from 7-10pm, I think for about NT$500.[/quote]
Wow, I wonder if that guy has really changed or something? Nice to hear that.

[quote=“Hobart”]
Wow, I wonder if that guy has really changed or something? Nice to hear that.[/quote]
The Tavern served Thanksgiving dinner last year as well. And did a nice job of it.

Any suggestions for Taichung Thanksgiving?

Yes, Michel is now a practicing monk and has taken solitude in the mountains of Yang Ming Shan. He is a new creature, and looks great in saffron robes…with a matching orange hankie. Watch for our “Peace and Brown rice” evening…coming soon.
Go easy, my child.
Darren 'Grasshopper" Hassan
General Manager & Spiritual Counsellor
The Tavern Premier

[quote=“seeker4”][quote=“Hobart”]
Wow, I wonder if that guy has really changed or something? Nice to hear that.[/quote]
The Tavern served Thanksgiving dinner last year as well. And did a nice job of it.[/quote]
You should’ve seen what he did for Bastille Day! He really went all out. The guillotine was an especially nice touch.

Saturday 5:00 pm Belgian Kitchen in Sanxia, Thanksgiving late dinner … :slight_smile:

Hyatt Hotel has a turkey buffet dinner at around 800NT+service and kids under 5 are free.

You can buy a full Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings at Florida Bakery. bread.com.tw/
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Mainly looking for stuffing and possibly cranberry sauce and gravy. I looked around but couldn’t find any place that sells stuffing in a box like the ones back in the states :c Any help?