Thanksgiving

Any info on good restaurants/hotels that offer Canadian Thanksgiving dinners in Taipei?

Thks.

Thanks for what? Thought Yankee holiday

I think most major hotels offer special dinners. The Post Home has Thanksgiving Thu, Fri, and Sat for 750NT, 350 for kids.

I’m thankful for where I am and who I am with. I’m thankful for what I have. I have been very fortunate.

In 1957, Parliament announced that on the second Monday in October that Thanksgiving would be “a day of general thanksgiving to almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed.”

Here is some info. I got but I am not so sure if it is Canadian or not.

Thanksgiving dinner take out at the Four Points - Sheraton in Chung Ho, Taipei. The thanksgiving basket is $NT 2,499 which includes a roasted turkey, Wine (Chateau Notre Dame Du Salagou,2000), pumpkin pie, whole wheat bread, stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce.

Their website is www.fourpoints.com.tw
phone number is 2221-5658 x 2702/2703

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! Gobble Gobble!! :wink:

[quote=“Back Packer”]Any info on good restaurants/hotels that offer Canadian Thanksgiving dinners in Taipei?

Thks.[/quote]

What’s served? Roast Beaver? :laughing:

Ahhhhhh Blueface:

:laughing: :laughing:

Anyway, this year during the Thanksgiving feast, I will give thanks for all of the good things in my life such as Internet friends like Blueface who have given me so many happy memories of my times on Forumosa. Sniff sniff. :sunglasses:

Thanks for the information, MiakaW.

Is the take-out basket available only at the Sheraton in Zhonghe? Do you know if there are any similar baskets available at hotels in Taipei city? I suppose I could call around, but I thought I’d just throw this out there.

I’d be most interested in having a Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday, and I assume (hope) that the baskets would also be available on this day.

Thanks again for the information.

Say what you will about her restaurant…

But Rainbow Lin (Grandma Nittis) makes a good turky and mashed potatos and stuffing… We’ve had it from there the past few years and its been quite good.

Fee, have you found out anything more about this?? Sorry I wasn’t around to reply to your questions. Let us know how it went with your Thanksgiving Dinner!!!

Happy Gobbling… :wink:

Miaka,

Sorry, no. I never found out anything further about this.

Maybe some of the hotels will have some special baskets for Christmas. But I may be going to La Casita for tamales on that day.

Please let us know if you find out anything further.[/quote]

What is the difference between American Thanksgiving and Canadian Thanksgiving?

About one month. :smiley:

jlick,

So basically there is no difference other than the time? Why do Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving? What are they thankful for? I’m not a history buff so that’s why I’m asking.

[quote=“JeffG”]]jlick,

So basically there is no difference other than the time? Why do Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving? What are they thankful for? I’m not a history buff so that’s why I’m asking.[/quote]

Its because our winters start a month earlier. After all, the holiday is about the harvest right? On another note, as a Canadian I am not too thankful for what our country has to offer. Why?

1. To quote Lord Black, the country is about as competitive as North Korea.

2. The best and the brightest leave in droves. Why live in a country that rewards statist, grey, mediocrity. We even recycle boring PM’s sons as TV personalities. What a %### country.

3. Canadians for the most part make boring conversationalists. It amazes me how at cocktail parties, even people that should know better (ie Canadian technocrats or successful businessmen) think the world enjoys boorish stories of beer and hockey. What works in the suburbs in Saskatchewan or Vancouver doesn’t in Paris, Rome, Tokyo etc).

4. The girls smell like french fries.

5. The country’s foreign policy is a joke. Peacekeeping - my ass. Our armed forces and civil service are a joke! I ain’t gonna work for some half-twitted bureaucrat that went to the University of Ottawa or Toronto, and got his position through connections with the National Liberal Party.

6. Bad mouthing the US has become a national sport. We are 90% alike. I get so damn bored of rube, backwoods, ignorant, lumberjack shirted Canadians bad-mouthing a country that in many ways is a hell of a lot more interesting.

Chewy