Thanksgiving?

My students asked me. " hey, you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving being English". We do I explain.“We thank God we are not American or Canadian !”

:unamused: That ‘joke’ is ancient.
Besides, Forumosa has a strict ‘quality trolls only’ policy.

Thanksgiving was a month ago–it’s the second Monday in October.

Thank god we aren’t medieval peasants who still give fealty to a (giggle) Queen. I mean, it’s the 21st century. Get out of the Middle Ages already, Euros!

Thanksgiving is a “fascist” holiday celebrating the take-over of land, the slaughter of American Indians, and the idol worship of big dead birds.

However, I love cranberry sauce & sage stuffing, and sometimes I long for family squabbles. :frowning:

Oh, and I have a pilgrim fetish. Great hats. Pilgrims, English people avoiding religious persecution who became the foundation for all things American. How quaint! :unamused:

Hey, Canadians don’t celebrate the slaughter of American Indians - we celebrate the swindling of our own. (And we call them “First Nations” now…) As far as worshipping big, dead birds go, well I’ve heard of worse religions… :wink:

[quote=“Alien”]Thanksgiving is a “fascist” holiday celebrating the take-over of land, the slaughter of American Indians, and the idol worship of big dead birds.

[/quote]

Didn’t the pilgrims actually get along with the Native Amercians at the time? It wasn’t exactly boatloads of white people taking over everything at the time. My understanding is that the turkeys then were nothing like the nice plump ones we have now.

Yeah, the turkeys we have now are specially bred and fed to be huge and plump. So much so, that in the later stages of their lives, they are so much heavier than nature intended, that their legs cannot support their weight anymore.

And so then we must take it upon ourselves to relieve the poor birds crippled by corpulence of their suffering by aiding them in assisted suicide and then eating them.

Don’t forget the part where you take their mutilated, featherless bodies and shove bread crumbs up their…:shock: before putting them into an oven to roast their flesh and skin, coating them with the leftover juices that ooze from their bodies and make gravy from those liquids and their various organs.

Them’s good eatin’! My mouth’s watering already.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I prefer to get my hormone supplements through my beef.
“Turkey – the almost-meat.”

[quote=“sandman”]I prefer to get my hormone supplements through my beef.
“Turkey – the almost-meat.”[/quote]

Enter the MEATRIX

Very cool my man.

Brian