That Jane Goodall Tramp

Looks like someone’s conducting a little more ‘research’!

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … goo_photo0

Just a kiss : British primatologist Jane Goodall is kissed by Pola, a young chimpanzee at Budapest’ Zoo.ZZ (AFP/Attila Kisbenedek)

Hard to tell which one is getting the worst end of the smootch. :laughing:

Do Goodall’s people still sell that Gary Larson t-shirt?

Disrespectful and insensitive. For someone who’s trying to change the world a little at a time, I don’t find humor in this. But that’s just me.

Maybe you think it’s funny.

Yes, apparently in at least two different styles.
commerce.janegoodall.org/store/c … .php?cat=3
commerce.janegoodall.org/store/c … t=3&page=1

Jane Goodall thinks it’s funny too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edited to add: Perhaps we should call you Frodo.

Interesting.

If MPS says “…tramp.” it’s disrespectful and in bad taste. If Gary Larsen says “…tramp.” it’s funny and a valid fund raiser.

All that seems different is the perspective and the prejudice of the viewer. That appears to be all that’s needed.

Guess that’s why messengers get shot.

OOC

[quote=“914”]Disrespectful and insensitive. For someone who’s trying to change the world a little at a time, I don’t find humor in this. But that’s just me.

Maybe you think it’s funny.[/quote]

Maybe you need to take a closer look at that t-shirt. The lady has a sense of humor. :laughing:

Wish i could make out what it says.

Anyone?..anyone…?

Gary Larson Far Side cartoon drawing of two chimpanzees sitting on a tree branch on the back. The caption reads: “Well, well… Another blond hair…Conducting a little more ‘Research’ with that Jane Goodall tramp?”

hehe

forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comment … nk=1250476

Scroll down…

No projecting going on here GrandMa’sUglySeaAnimal, I’m just recalling what you told me at the last happy hour.

!!! Have to save that one. :notworthy:

!!!

Some people are waaaaaaay too “sensitive”. It’s just an old Far Side joke. Re-fucking-LAX.

[quote]D Brain:
The tee-shirts are funny. Making demeaning comments which are not creative or witty about a person who is making some of the most important changes to the world today is not. You inferred that Dr. Goodall (or should it be Saint Jane, Saviour of all primates, not just the most manipulative, destructive ones) is unattractive (which isn’t even true … or close). Would you make such references to Jesus? Have some respect for one of the people in the world who most deserves it and shows it to others … and not just to those of the egocentric, dominating (human) type.

And as for ol’ D Brain’s:

Quote:
I’m sorry if you’re angry…I didn’t realize it was you in that picture with the good Doctor.

If I had the arm strength, the mischeivous ability to trick, and the social skills of that human in the picture with Dr. Goodall, I would do my best to look and live like that individual. (I’m working on it!) Homo pan trogolodytes is known to often outwit Homo "sapiens sapiens ", and maybe you’re going to meet one of the former in the street very very soon …[/quote]

I usually don’t speak to much on this here website, but I must say this post is the funniest shit I have ever seen posted here!! :laughing: :laughing:

I can’t believe that anyone finds old lame-o Far Side “comics” funny. As far as I’m concerned Gary Larson is about as funny as Jim Davis, the dork who draws Garfield. They both sold out to Hallmark years ago, were never funny in the first place, and just plain suck.

[quote=“cw.jc”][quote]D Brain:
The tee-shirts are funny. Making demeaning comments which are not creative or witty about a person who is making some of the most important changes to the world today is not. You inferred that Dr. Goodall (or should it be Saint Jane, Saviour of all primates, not just the most manipulative, destructive ones) is unattractive (which isn’t even true … or close). Would you make such references to Jesus? Have some respect for one of the people in the world who most deserves it and shows it to others … and not just to those of the egocentric, dominating (human) type.

And as for ol’ D Brain’s:

Quote:
I’m sorry if you’re angry…I didn’t realize it was you in that picture with the good Doctor.

If I had the arm strength, the mischeivous ability to trick, and the social skills of that human in the picture with Dr. Goodall, I would do my best to look and live like that individual. (I’m working on it!) Homo pan trogolodytes is known to often outwit Homo "sapiens sapiens ", and maybe you’re going to meet one of the former in the street very very soon …[/quote]

I usually don’t speak to much on this here website, but I must say this post is the funniest shit I have ever seen posted here!! :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]

Jc, glad you saved some of that. Couldn’t make out what you were on about 'til I saw that you had quoted Europa, above.