That's hot

See the action without the broadcaster bit:
youtu.be/UoP9e3OMnR0?t=50s

A bunch of legislator went to the Ministry of Justice to inquire Minister Tseng Yung-fu (曾勇夫) why formal president Chen Shui-Bian is moved to another prison without the primary physician at Veteran Hospital’s knowledge. Also there is no psychiatry assistance at the “prison hospital,” which the formal president needs.

However, they were informed that minister Tseng is not in his office, and turned off the lights, and locked the door to his office. The legislators knew Tseng was just lying to them to avoid even facing legislator inquiries to his decision, so they went on to knock on his office door.

Then legislator Chiu Yi-ying (邱議瑩) went on to kick the door, and kicked open a panel on the door which allowed another legislator to unlock the door from the outside. When they all went into his office, the look on Minister Tseng’s face was classic, and this is the dude who has signed for 21 executions since he became the minister 2 years ago (prior to that Taiwan hasn’t executed anyone for 4 years). That’s 10 executions per year.

Anyway…I find that kick pretty hot…

According to the TT, there is a psychiatry unit at the hospital he’s transferred to, and that Chen knew about the move the night before it happened.

taipeitimes.com/News/front/a … 2003560177

Of course, it’s the Taipei Times so who knows how accurate that actually is.

[quote=“hansioux”]

Then legislator Chiu Yi-ying (邱議瑩) went on to kick the door, and kicked open a panel on the door which allowed another legislator to unlock the door from the outside. When they all went into his office, the look on Minister Tseng’s face was classic, and this is the dude who has signed for 21 executions since he became the minister 2 years ago (prior to that Taiwan hasn’t executed anyone for 4 years). That’s 10 executions per year.

Anyway…I find that kick pretty hot…[/quote]

Now that’s a chick that never puts ice in her water or eats certain types of fruit certain times of the month, I bet

that’s her in her wedding dress.

her hair is usually pretty short, but currently it’s even shorter because she is recovering from chemotherapy from 2012, and her hair has just grown back.

Don’t mess with Taiwanese women politician, guys. That door could be your… behind.

actually, we’d fortunate if the door is our behind… it’d be a lot worse if we turned around…

There’s nothing illegal about executing people through the justice system (at least in Taiwan), but as for breaking and entering… :ponder:

Actually there is nothing illegal if you are well connected in Taiwan (with the party in power).

Gotta love TW politics.

Kinda what it was like back in the early days of the United STates.

Now dont YOU go kicking down the door , unless you are a TW politician with the Press following now.

it’s not breaking and entering. She is a legislator. Her job is to supervise all bureaucratic affairs under Executive Yuan on the people’s behalf. It is required that all bureaucrats submit to legislative supervision. They went to the office of Ministry of Justice during office hours to do their job, and the minister ordered his secretary to lie to the legislators and pretend he is not in the office. I think it’s pretty ok for them to kick his office door down.

One wishes the minister was brave enough to face the music and the legislator wouldn’t resort to such antics as breaking the door. Childish/immature behavior on both sides.

Actually having seen the video I don’t blame him for locking the door.

It’s all for the cameras. Has anybody seen these question and answer sessions on TV before? Usually it involve some legislator ranting against the given point man of the day to score points. The point man will say bu hao yisi or listen to it going redder and redder and then it’s finished and everybody walks away to do it again the next time. I’m not sure of the point of it all.

Yup. It’s pretty dumb. Debating skills, anyone? ANYONE? Oh FFS. They need to watch the British parliament sometime, where on a good day they can stand there taking the piss out of each other for half an hour without ostensibly exchanging a single rude word.

OTOH, in this particular case, I say good on her. The guy has just signed six death warrants and he’s throwing a tantrum in his dressing-room? I bet sodding Ghengis Khan didn’t throw a hissy fit after a hard day beheading POWs.

Yup. It’s pretty dumb. Debating skills, anyone? ANYONE? Oh FFS. They need to watch the British parliament sometime, where on a good day they can stand there taking the piss out of each other for half an hour without ostensibly exchanging a single rude word…[/quote]

Agreed. British parliament is by far the most interesting parliament.

Although the case described by headhoncholl is no different from what goes on in the US. Remember how Hilary went to congress and answered to congressional committees? It’s pretty much the same thing. The congressional guys asks questions one by one, often repeating each other. Members from opposing parties would use harsh tones to talk down the addressee. The only different is in the US the committee members sit on a Kryptonian Council styled high table, while the one answering questions sort of feels like he/she is being judged. Where as in Taiwan, the committee members come to the podium one by one, and stand equal footing as the one answering questions.

Yep. That Tseng guy is ridiculous.

Supervision is the job of the Control Yuan, and handling the executive is the job of the premier (and maybe president, there’s a lot of debate back and forth on his role). Legislators are meant to legislate, not kick down doors. Who has to pay to fix up that doubtless exorbitantly expensive door? It’s sure not the legislators.

Supervision is the job of the Control Yuan, and handling the executive is the job of the premier (and maybe president, there’s a lot of debate back and forth on his role). Legislators are meant to legislate, not kick down doors. Who has to pay to fix up that doubtless exorbitantly expensive door? It’s sure not the legislators.[/quote]

That door panel just needs some glue. Plus, if the door was so well made, I don’t think a woman recovering from cancer can kicked it down so easily. But I suppose the ministry of justice will spend a fortune to fix it anyway, because they probably want to replace it with a stainless steel door.

Also, Control Yuan is a joke.

It was only restored by KMT to maintain KMT control over hard working officials. By the way, how does Control Yuan represent the people? The members aren’t elected by the people, but nominated by the president. It has been the legislators who supervises all actions of the executive yuan, otherwise the head of each ministry wouldn’t need to go down to answer to legislative yuan committees.

How dare you insult those doors?! They have been around since the Japanese brought them, made from red cypress from Japan as they had not even started exploiting the ones in Alishan. :cactus:

:cactus: =sarcastic, tongue in cheek comment.

:roflmao:

then obviously the glue is failing, after all, it’d be almost 100 years old. Just in time to replace the glue. XD

Too bad they didn’t actually preserve many of the interior designs of the Taihoku Shucho…