The 250cc holy grail?

Dealers can negotiate group buys. Why not approach Eric about a 10 moto deal? That would make him a star with CPI.

well it seems we have pricing… NT$98,600…

that is if this yahoo auction is anything to go on… there appears to be a lot of interest in this bike and there are murmurs of only 160 bikes being available initially… I see even this auction isn’t accepting orders yet… still NT$98,600 is a great deal IMO and that is advertised price, so room to breathe for sure… high demand might prevent much discounting in the early stages though…

to catch up a little,

@maunaloa: thanks for the props, but there’s no chance of a novel any time soon… the list of things I should get done but am still procrastinating over is about as long as a novel if that counts…

@TC: I think it’s kickstart only, I doubt they’d retrofit an electric start if one wasn’t in the orginal design, besides it’s just more weight to drag around… also I’d be very surprised if it isn’t carb aspirated, but I could be wrong…

well i think that at some point the price will have to go down because for a bit more you can buy the DRZ 400 used that is much better… any way, lets see what will happen in a couple of months

But I don’t want a 400. Can’t be bothered with the NT$8000 license to ride it, plus its way too much for a daily commuter. Plus again, as you point out, its used and most probably thrashed by a ham-fisted novice rider.

I don’t think so…The DRZ is so much more of a pain to legally ride, even if it does have 20bhp more at the rear tire. The magic 249cc number is a big draw for many people who don’t want to go through the hassle of doing the big bike course…Especially for a 400cc bike, which falls in the dead zone. It’s one of the reasons that this, along with the CB-400 prices used, have dropped so dramatically over the last few months.

I’m very lucky in the fact that I live in an area very conducive for owning more displacement, larger spread out 4 lane roads, less traffic, etc. I’d never own anything with displacement in Taipei or any other big city. But this is an easy, light upright user friendly bike that actually carries a decent punch compared to all it’s 150cc competition. If I were in the market for a sub-250cc bike, I’d snap one up in a second.

Sandman, you may have found your ride…Finally.

I love the DRZ-400S (and the E and SM variants)… the bike was a joint effort of Zook and Yoshimura, and Yoshimura did the entire engine design (including the crippled OE exhaust system; put a Yoshi aftermarket exhaust system on a DRZ and the engine really wakes up). It is an incredibly versatile bike. Ozzies put 28 liter tanks on them and go out for a week in the OB.

I own a DRZ Stateside, and almost bought one in TW, but decided, as alluded to above, a 400 falls into 251-549 cc hell.

I would be interested in joining a group buy of CPI 250s.