2. Chou Dofu
  3. Garbage truck songs
  1. The me-first, fuck-you attitude
  2. The general lack of common sense
  3. Cha bu duo, ma fan

:smiley:

1. the pollution
  2. the noise
  3. the bewildering, complicated mess that garbage disposal has become - and that includes the annoying music the trucks play

a. A lazy approach to hygiene and sanitation , especially with regards to food preparation.
b. Faulty driving habits.
c. A lack of individualistic initiative when faced with new or unknown situations.

a. Obliviousness
b. Cheap & ugly cityscape
c. the ‘food’

1. A politician whose former professor visited and then disparaged.
  2. Cold weather in winter.
  3. Slow internet at home.
  1. Politicians and other dishonest people who think crying on TV is enough to receive absolution for their crimes/sins
  2. Local TV, especially the news channels
  3. Local engineers, especially the ones who don’t know a scooter needs OIL as well as PETROL
    :smiley:
  1. Litterbugs
  2. Bad drivers (including scooter drivers who think they have the right of way on sidewalks)
  3. Waishengren/Benshengren rivalry
  1. The shitpaper in the bin next to the toilet
  2. Shoeprints on the toilet seat
  3. Female colleagues who get a day off because they are “uncomfortable”

Three things I dislike about Taiwan:

1. Ugly rural towns
  2. Ugly urban centres
  3. It 's ability to make foreigners crazy enough to publish dislike lists
  1. Hubris and/or glorification of ignorance
  2. Obliviousness to others
  3. Stinginess and dirtiness (tie-in)

This applies to Panchiao, because I know there are places where these conditions don’t exist or are at acceptable levels:

1. There’s a little too much pollution for me.
  2. There’s a little too much noise for me.
  3. It’s a little too crowded for me.

Still, I’ve benefited from living in Panchiao.

Well I have more then 3 , but ok just 3 for now

1. Earthquakes
  2. Its cold in winter in north taiwan cuz homes are not heated
  3. Noise pollution
  1. The Confucian silliness about respecting old men
  2. The lack of bins in public places
  3. Garbage truck music

[quote=“Charlie Jack”]This applies to Panchiao (Banqiao), because I know there are places where these conditions don’t exist or are at acceptable levels:

1. There’s a little too much pollution for me.
  2. There’s a little too much noise for me.
  3. It’s a little too crowded for me.

Still, I’ve benefited from living in Panchiao (Banqiao).[/quote]

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Taiwan has places that these don’t apply to although it is very hard to find a place near work and not expensive that doesn’t have all these three issues. It’s okay for a few years but gets tired after a while.

My random 3 for the sake of it

1. Decreasing salaries and opportunities for Taiwanese and foreigners
  2. Lack of ability to hold social conversations (not only Taiwanese of course)
  3. Crap English being spoken to me just because of my white face

[quote=“Anubis”]1. The shitpaper in the bin next to the toilet
2. Shoeprints on the toilet seat
3. Female colleagues who get a day off because they are “uncomfortable”[/quote]

you must contemplate your bathroom trips for much of the day.

1-(tie) obliviousness, and “I am the center of the universe hence I will whatever the hell I want when I want be it in a car, on foot, on a bike or a scooter or just the way I look at you.”

2-(tie) obliviousness, and “I have great difficulty walking in a straight line hence I will walk directly into you no matter how big the hallway or sidewalk, same goes with when I drive a car, I pay no attention to the lines on the road.”

3- The Taiwanese language. Take your galigongs and your gam gams and jam them up your non-adogah ass.
sorry to those of you sympathetic to the cause but hearing that language just grates my nerves.

1. Pollution
  2. Me-ism (and it’s manifestation in things like traffic)
  3. Language Vampires
  1. treatment of animals
  2. the idea that being a brainless xiaojie is somehow endearing or is something you want to show the world
  3. face

Im surprised at all the garbage truck music hate. Whenever I hear it a small part of my brain says ‘ICE CREAM MAN! ICE CREAM MAN!’. Back home the ice cream trucks use that same poxy music to advertise their wares.

1. Traffic - This includes ‘Me-ism’ in general but it becomes more terrifying when it’s controlling a couple tonne of steel and glass
  2. Earthquakes - I still have nightmares about being buried under a huge mountain of rubble and crap. I don’t sleep well in skyscrapers like the one I’m living in now…
  3. Being immediately associated with the huge pack of 20-something, horny, irresponsible douchebags that flock here each year just because im a ‘big nose’.
    (I’m a 30-something, horny, irresponsible douchebag thank you very much)
  1. The fact that the place steals the best years of your life and leaves you a burnt-out alcoholic wreck (or is that ESL? :slight_smile: ).

2. The local nipples aren’t up to western standard.

3. Canadians.