The 80's were the worst

I loved the 80’s , including the music.

[quote=“Fortigurn”][quote=“Satellite TV”]The first Alien movie and

Bladerunner aka Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? A science fiction novel by American writer Philip K. Dick first published in 1968[/quote]
Absolutely. And don’t forget Dire Straits and INXS. :lol:[/quote]
Dire Straits and INXS were 70’s as much as 80’s and one of my favourite DS tracks is Love Over Gold which is at least 80’s… Dire Straits and Communique was 70’s… or are you guys to young not to remember hahahahahaha

Oh yeah, and Stevie Wonder & Al Di Meola

Who said the 80’s were the worst?

What?

The 80’s weren’t crap.

There wasn’t have much TV, but there were loads of cool anti-American propaganda posters to look at!

And some 80’s propaganda disco singles to listen to:

And the government used to spend millions flying AWACS Tupolev TU-126’s out over UK airspace so they could pick up Duran Duran and the Culture club off AM radio, which is kind of why we lost the cold War.

Those were the days.

Duran Duran are back, by the way. They have a new single out.

More cheese than a cheddar refinery.

What the makers intended totally doesn’t work with me. For me he looks like a handyman you call when you really have trouble.

Hey you, yes you, thank you. Could you get out of that pool of enemy blood for a moment and solve my invasion in the backyard here? Yes? Oh that’s great…

Spend an hour playing asteroids. I did.
http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/80s_games/asteroid2.htm

I have only one word for you Fox: Tail Gunner.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tail_Gunner

[quote=“fenlander”][quote=“Satellite TV”]The first Alien movie and

Bladerunner aka Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? A science fiction novel by American writer Philip K. Dick first published in 1968[/quote]
Damn that was a good film I agree, I mean Blade Runner. I wonder if I can change the title to “the 80’s were pretty damn good”.[/quote]

Ok but that is more influenced by the 1950s and 1960s, the golden age of sci-fi and sci-fi writers…Robert Heilein, Isaac Asimov, Phlip K Dick…they were living under threat of nuclear armaggedon and at the same time the space age had started and counter culture movements were widespread…an interesting time. Many of the popular sci-fi movies of the past decades are based on books written in the 1960s.

Who could forget the TV series Airwolf and then a kind of spin-off of this idea with Clint Eastwood in his finest role ever , Firefox! :astonished:

What I found interesting about the 80s was the way TV shows from California seemed to dominate…everything was sunny and big cars and fast motorcycles and blonde girls and awesome planes and helicopters…unbounded possibilities…time’s change.

Music wise you had mega groups like Guns n Roses, U2, Bon Jovi, start of rap although I didn’t get it at the time. The 90s grunge period was better overall in my opinion.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]

Music wise you had mega groups like Guns n Roses, U2, Bon Jovi, start of rap although I didn’t get it at the time. The 90s grunge period was better overall in my opinion.[/quote]

That first GNR album is one of the best debut albums by any band from any era. Not a weak song on it. Pity about everything else they did after that, although Slash has released some decent stuff over the past few years.

Amen brother, that was the first album I ever bought and still the best in my book. You just press play and it’s like a plane taking off!

Did you see the fuckin part where it said 8 years later??

Get a fucking job, man!

1 Like

He posted it from his 80’s BBC micro, it took 8 years to upload over his dialup

1 Like

I trying to get some of the people from last decade to come back. It’s like the same five people doing everything on this board now.

1 Like

It took me 2 decades to forget that fucking noise, and you just brought it slamming back, curse you!!! :doh:

2 Likes

DUDE!!! Did you even see Pet Sematary?!?!?!!?

1 Like

I f%$king hate that song with a passion. I heard it almost every day on the bus going to junior high. There was a “gang” of girls who loved that song, NKOTB and Bobby Brown. I grew to loathe all of those acts.

Great time for metal though. In the early 80s you had the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, in the later 80s you had thrash. The first time I heard Peace Sells… But Who’s Buying? it rocked my world.

1 Like

i love the 80s sound. even the crappest pop songs like all those stock aitkin and waterman hits were great. i think by the 90s electronic music developed too much and didn’t have that same charm anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGuNsiSZ9RI

Born in the 80s but much prefer the 90s.

I’m sure glad I missed this shit.

1 Like