The New York State News and Politics Thread

Lucky 7.

Cuomo’s turds rise to the top.

“What about young Anna Liss?"
He said, “Do me a favor, son, won’tcha stay and keep Anna Liss company?”

https://archive.is/AYZhV

There’s so much scumbaggery that NYers already know about Cuomo. I am happy to share.

That Andrew Cuomo is being characterized by fellow Democratic politicians as a lecherous tyrant who empowers his staff to threaten and intimidate should not, in some ways, come as a surprise. During his decade as governor, he has often strutted his thuggish paternalism while his top aides disparaged those who challenged him. Two years ago, a Cuomo spokesman called three female state lawmakers in his party “fucking idiots.” In 2013, Cuomo created the Moreland Commission to investigate public corruption, only to shut it down abruptly less than a year later amid allegations that he had obstructed its work; one of Cuomo’s closest associates, Joe Percoco, is serving a six-year term in federal prison on bribery charges.

Though Cuomo hasn’t been accused of anything like the violent crimes that Weinstein committed, he shares other traits with the now-imprisoned movie producer. For years, Weinstein’s famously bad temper and difficult workplace demeanor were understood simply as quirky symptoms of his genius, somehow permissible because everyone knew about them and no one did anything about them; it was just “Harvey being Harvey.” Cuomo’s behavior has also long been excused as Andrew being Andrew; just a powerful man being powerful. Like Weinstein, Cuomo regularly has people yell for him, including a phalanx of senior women whom he uses as a defensive feminist shield, making sure to note in his first news conference after the allegations that “we have more senior women in this administration than probably any administration in history.”

I have never been a Cuomo fan, more of a Tucker fan , but give the guy a fair trial. He should stay and not be judged before the formal investigation. Innocent until.proven guilty.

1 Like

I do find it kinda funny how he was “believe all women!” during Brett Kavanaugh’s trial, and now the shoe’s on the other foot it’s become “don’t believe all women!”

I guess it’s “believe all women. Unless they accuse me!”

I personally believe it. He’s a rich, lying, priviledged asshole in a position of power. Of course he did it.

Loved him saying he’s “not part of the political club.”
As the WP said,

if Cuomo isn’t “part of the political club”, then Mickey Mouse isn’t part of Disney.

Also

A New York governor named Cuomo claiming to be outside the political culture is like Tom Brady disowning professional football.

1 Like

OK, you did see how he derails investigations into his administration’s fuck ups though, right?

The NY AG should be giving daily briefings on the covid deaths Cuomo’s absolutely responsible for. We still don’t know the number. I wonder how many of them were POC. Maybe THAT would shake people up a bit more.

1 Like

A Cuomo creeping out a Kennedy!? :face_with_monocle:

I am waiting for stories about Long Dong Silver, coke cans, driving off bridges and boozy lunches at La Brasserie :smile: Gotta keep the list bipartisan

True, I was mainly referring to the sexual harrassment cases. They must be proven in court or such like in my opinion before he has to resign unless he chooses to resign on those issues.
(i never thought i would see the day Crusher is defending Cuomo’s right to a fair trial, i cannot stand him :thinking:)

That’s no secret here. Albany is called “Smalbany” for a reason. We care about the nursing home lies way more as far as I can tell.

1 Like

I think he is guilty just saying “due process” and all that. :+1:

Cuomo sent covid straight to the most vulnerable New Yorkers.

Four New York state senators have called on the chairman of the powerful Investigations and Government Operations Committee to begin an investigation into a deadly mandate of co-mingled COVID-19 residents in group homes, where 552 have died.
An additional 32 care workers who were forced into the infectious homes have also died, according to records from the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities, which oversees group homes. Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s April 10, 2020 order placed infected patients in the state’s more than 7,000 group homes, similar to a nursing home policy. The policy resulted in 6,382 disabled residents and 10,311 workers contracting COVID-19.

1 Like

https://archive.is/UEgml

ALBANY, N.Y. — He called her and her co-worker “mingle mamas.” He inquired about her lack of a wedding ring, she said, and the status of her divorce. She recalled him telling her she was beautiful — in Italian — and, as she sat alone with him in his office awaiting dictation, he gazed down her shirt and commented on a necklace hanging there.
In the latest allegation against Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, Alyssa McGrath, an employee of the governor’s office, described a series of unsettling interactions with the governor, telling The New York Times that Mr. Cuomo would ogle her body, remark on her looks, and make suggestive comments to her and another executive aide.
Ms. McGrath, 33, is the first current aide in Mr. Cuomo’s office to speak publicly about allegations of harassment inside the Capitol. Her account of casual sexual innuendo echoes other stories that have emerged in recent weeks about a demeaning office culture, particularly for young women who worked closely with the governor.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/andrew-cuomo-avoids-media-questions-as-increasing-number-of-new-york-voters-think-he-should-resign/ar-BB1eJAeM

The governor appeared at a news conference on Thursday during which he discussed the state’s latest COVID-19 data but did not take questions from reporters at the event’s conclusion.

Maybe he’s borrowing Biden’s basement.

Cuomo lawyer Rita Glavin responded by reiterating his denials of inappropriate advances and touching.

“None of this is remarkable, although it may be old-fashioned,” Glavin added.

Isn’t racism just as old fashioned as sexism? Hmm…then there’s just all the piles and piles of dead people…is that remarkable?

The uncomfortable question for liberals is: When does this become Trumpism — albeit on a much less threatening scale? When do progressive New Yorkers admit that Cuomo is a man from whom many of them will accept any level of sexual harassment and bullying, any amount of corruption, any amount of incompetence, because they like his public persona? How exactly does this differ from Trump worship?

Hmm, Cuomo is the Left’s Trump?

What happens when a mainstream dem loses Politico?

This is what we NYers already know about Randy Andy. Total scumbag.

Nepotism? Check!

Tell me more tell me more tell me more

And yay. CNN finds a shred of integrity on the floor under Chris’s desk

Ah, the new class system is here.

Oh and Andy gave the go ahead for legal weed.

Weed first then vaccine.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Churchill-Welcome-to-New-York-s-barricaded-and-16061831.php?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook.com&cmpid=fbsocialflow&utm_medium=referral&fbclid=IwAR1Lgq674rDsmAzCl31qMfjsv_N6xHxhhE-lrX36cGnnesV2Jcsq-w8t1TY

Cuomo’s response to the people.

Maybe we’ll all just forget grandma.