Woke backlash goes too far, and shoes

:+1:

Iā€™m not saying itā€™s censorship, though I have to wonder what the result would be if you had the power to. Iā€™m critiquing your form of argument.

People are simply discussing issues that they identify as belonging to a set of woke issues. There are no different approaches to that.

Iā€™m not saying anyone is stopping them. They are doing as well as they are because they have audiences who want to hear them.

Sure, you can say that too. Arenā€™t you stigmatizing them though?

Uhh, no. What, do you think if people criticized left-wing union organizing, for example, they would call it woke? Iā€™m just accurately pointing out that anti-woke is not synonymous with anti-left-wing. Itā€™s notā€“it has a much more specific connotation. You may well not agree with the anti-woke critique of certain issues, but I donā€™t see how you can deny the above, or why you would waste time disputing it with me. I think Iā€™ve heard you make the argument in the past that so called anti-woke is simply a blanket anti-left-wing reaction, which is why I mentioned it.

How I feel about Woke/SJWs and the MAGA/Alt-right

4 Likes

This may call for a new thread!

Haha wait! Why does my gif call for a new thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

Social justice is good. Gay people should be allowed to get married, disabled people should have handicap accessibility, women shouldnā€™t live in fear of being groped by their male colleagues, etc.

I just hate the policing of language online and even for comedians and pop-culture. Itā€™s so self-righteous and self-serving. It does nothing to advance the causes these online mobs claim to care about, and in fact turns the public against them. The pendulum needs to swing back a bit, and the left needs to remember they used to be the party that was AGAINST censorship.

4 Likes

Why? Disagreement does not have to be threatening. Iā€™ve never tried to shut anyone up, stop anyone from posting, so thatā€™s a bit unfounded.

Yes there are. I thought the back and forth with Brendon on actual solutions to transgender bathrooms was productive. He got people to actually contemplate a real solution and expose a lot of the criticism as based on hypothetical. If that happened in the public forum among policy makers, it would be refreshing.

A few very rich content creators who base their platforms on this? I think theyā€™re fine.

Itā€™s the main platform of the GOP. Theyā€™re setting up an anti woke caucus. DeSantis made it the centerpiece of his campaign. We should all be able to see where this is going. If woke ceased to exist tomorrow, they would find a way to make everyone believe it was running through the streets terrorizing our cities.

:person_facepalming:

Ignoring would be a good option, but that is not profitable.

1 Like

Trying to get rid of two or three annoying posters trying to take all the fun out of the Peak Woke Thread?

Maybe you can create some honeypot thread like this but with some AI generated discussion about how cool JP is. That should keep them distracted.

Exactly.

Look! Jordan Peterson!

1 Like

The guy who just won a couple grammies, sells out shows and doing better than ever? That guy? Sorry what were you saying?

1 Like

Look purple haired fat girl!

1 Like

Please, try to keep up:

I was saying, the discussion with you on this topic has gotten boring

Edit: so a quick google search to see if DC had complains gave me this

So when you say

And i say

Can you see why we appreciate @Brendon so very, very much?

Love you, @Brendon

1 Like

Where is she, so I can run somewhere else?

Yes. Iā€™m responding to your question.

ā€œI hope we all survive it,ā€ Chappelle added. ā€œThatā€™s why that cancel culture shit bothers me. Iā€™m not even opposed to the ideas behind some of these cancellations. I get it.ā€

You have a choice. I find complaining about trans people boring.

The peak woke thread. Hours of entertainment.

From your article, to which I was responding:

Where is he complaining about his cancellation? He is criticizing the phenomena, while saying he gets it, but isnā€™t complaining about being cancelled

Iā€™ve watched Chappelle, heā€™s said more than once that he is grateful to have a platform, and he makes jokes.

The author of the piece you shared hasnā€™t done their research. It is shite.

I think she isnā€™t there, but some privileged males discuss their nuttery.

I just quoted him saying that the cancel culture shit bothers him and he hopes they all survive. That sounds like complaining.