The AOC (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez) thread

Our community, just like many in the US have people come around with cakes, meals and all sorts of kind wishes for help when a family is in crisis, we had that not so long ago when my father was on deaths door and incapacitated due to Parkinsons.

Our community is largely Jewish, and I am not implying the single event means anything, I am just illustrating the kindness that people show. I can see my mom is disturbed that over in the UK the person she supports Mr Corbyn of the labour party who calls Hamas his friends. See here

I will tell you that the Jewish community is still solidly left, in the UK, can’t say how long that will be the case in the future.

1 Like

I would qualify that by saying more secular Jewish communities are left but orthodox communities are right wing and the more affluent are more likely to be right wing.

Actual fact here: overall crime rates decline.

Bullshit interpretation: the notion that hate crimes as opposed to just plain crimes can be objectively measured, or that anyone even cares to.

Crime is a verifiable fact. Hate is a guess as to what’s going on inside someone else’ head.

This is not surprising. Same thing is going on with Stacy Adams in Georgia and Beto in Texas. Rich Silicon Valley and Manhattan Democrats doing their best to seed the vast, desolate plains filled with deplorables, aka Congress astroturfed blue in 2020.

• Only 10 people [$1,525.50] who live within Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s congressional district have been recorded making donations to her reelection campaign in 2019, according to a Daily Caller News Foundation analysis of available Federal Election Commission (FEC) filings.

• Ocasio-Cortez outraised all other 87 freshmen representatives in the first half of 2019 in individual contributions, but the New York Democrat came in second-to-last place in terms of reported itemized contributions from the people she represents.

• Democratic Reps. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan also rank among the lowest-performing freshman representatives in terms of reported financial support from people who live within their districts

3 Likes

Puppets of the Machine.

1 Like

They are the only way to make Biden look nominatable

Only Bernie could beat Trump, but the media has convinced people otherwise.

Not the coup the party needed.

Violence in her name…with guns? I mean, violence is good if the cause is just and obviously it is, but the guns part, that just throws a monkey wrench into the workings. How to spin that?

Too bad she fired her idea man. She’s Nancy’s er…girl now.

Speak of the devil:
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/several-injured-officers-pepper-spray-protesters-outside-ice-102900668--abc-news-topstories.html

1 Like

No brainer for Israel. Smart decision by Deri, so logical that it’s boring. Let 'em howl.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, explaining the decision at length on his office’s Twitter account, said that Tlaib and Omar’s itinerary “revealed that they planned a visit whose sole objective is to strengthen the boycott against us and deny Israel’s legitimacy.”

Netanyahu said their travel plans referred to a trip to “Palestine,” not Israel, and the congresswomen were not interested in meeting with Israeli officials. He went on to note that the Palestinian organization that planned the visit, MIFTAH, supports the boycott movement, and that people associated with the group have supported terror against Israel in the past.

He said Israel welcomes critics with the exception of those who support boycotts of the Jewish State.

Netanyahu confirmed that Deri would consider permitting Tlaib to visit her Palestinian family members if she filed a humanitarian request and promised not to promote boycotts of Israel while she visits.

They could have donated with the money they would have earned from amazon jobs lol

1 Like

What an exhausting woman. Not a shred of politics in it…which is odd, for a politician…except for the top down governmental education about racism part. That’s political. She should visit China.

1 Like

She’s not a politician though, she’s a bartender who won a casting call.

That’s not quite fair. She had a grass roots following b4 she went National. She has a constituency. She seems to be ignoring them. :idunno:

She was being provocative and she got the result she wanted. Trump is a racist, Muslims are being ignored, Israel is a bully, Trump is a power hungry despot…

Yep- she got that right

Posting this here in case a comrade sees fit to forward to AOC and the DSA,
bojack H
He him

2 Likes

She comes across as a contrarian, but really I’d guess it’s because she has to think up her positions ad hoc to whatever else just came out her mouth to please her handlers. As long as people are slapping their heads, she’s in their good graces.

“Do/say this. It’ll be good optics.”

Right and her Captain’s legs were just cut out from under her.

1 Like

hahaha