The AOC (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez) thread

This kind of vacancy is why they call her a ditz:

She doesn’t seem to use a teleprompter. Perhaps she should.

Wow, I like AOC but even I don’t read speeches like this. You must really be into her.

But I don’t understand why you think she needs a teleprompter, maybe you can try to elaborate instead of posting incomplete thoughts? The forum thanks you in advance.

1 Like

So that other people could compose coherent-sounding thoughts for her.

Also, telepromter gaffes are funny. Her teenager ramblings are just tedious.

You posted it, you must have read the whole thing, so specifically what are you talking about?

Also weird you’d read the entirety of something so ‘tedious’. A glutton you are, I guess.

2 Likes

Actually, I just kind of skimmed it.

And it’s pretty obvious what I’m talking about.

Thanks for admitting you’re basically spamming.

1 Like

The green new deal is a start to take care of the environment, it’s not the final answer.

Close windows, quit your Safari …

I don’t think so. It’s a set of ideals to give big government more power over everything.

Steyer would come up with a better plan if the environment was the real issue.

1 Like

So, more power to control the environment and create future jobs is bad?

1 Like

Yes and no.
Create market incentives to reduce pollution and let capitalism work. Yes
Set realistic goals to improve energy infrastructure and move to greener tech.
Yes
Public ownership and guaranteeing jobs.
No
Making trade unions overly powerful.
No
Free education.
Maybe, but online only.

Sometimes you need public investment, it’s called subsidizing, many companies get grants from governments to initially start a project that’s not profitable from the get go. So why can’t governments own part of a company?

I’d rather see them revise the corporate tax code to a fair flat tax with no deductions except meeting strict environmental standards. I’m sure you’d quickly see great progress and companies could buy and sell carbon allowances. The market has the tools to clean itself up without public ownership.

1 Like

It’s not an answer at all. Some of the stuff in there doesn’t even have to do with the environment.

It’s not even a plan. It’s a wish list a child could have made.

1 Like

They could probably even offer tax credits for reaching new job creation goals too. But they would have to link it to much longer time periods or else companies would game it.

You know it all.

1 Like

I know enough to know it’s not a real plan and many of the things in there have nothing to do with the environment at all.

“The green new deal is a start to take care of the environment, it’s not the final answer.”

Did I mention it was a plan?

I guess this is not the right place for this one either, maybe try one of those pesky politics threads? How about this:

Or start a new one? lol

1 Like

Have you guys and girls tried to start threads in other topics?