The art of Exaggeration

So my taiwanese friend has advised me to “exaggerate” (ie lie :wink: ) on my resume when it comes to teaching experience. He says its normal as long as i dont go overboard.

What do you think?

Shall i just choose some random school somewhere and go yes i taught there no worries!

[quote=“FarFlungScot”]So my taiwanese friend has advised me to “exaggerate” (ie lie :wink: ) on my resume when it comes to teaching experience. He says its normal as long as I don’t go overboard.

What do you think?

Shall i just choose some random school somewhere and go yes i taught there no worries![/quote]
Everywhere you go in the world, you’ll be told it’s okay to lie, exaggerate, bribe etc. coz ‘everyone’ does it. Point is you have to live with yourself, so do what you think is right. Also if caught, you alone have to face the consequences, not your Taiwanese friend.

I dont go with lying. Just put yourself in your best light.

Dont augment your negatives, but do your positives.

If you lie about being in some school, they COULD call you know.

Ahh ok. Its fine i’m not going to bother. I’ll keep my resume the way it is. I had already submitted my resume to a few places, it would look kinda weird if i submitted another different resume to the same place but with the extra experience added in.