The ashes

[quote=“Mawvellous”]Does anyone know any internet TV I can watch the second test on? Can’t see anything on TVU player…[/quote]
Illegal net sport faces crackdown

Sports authorities are taking action to stop illegal live coverage of football and other events over the internet.

Almost all English Premiership matches are available to watch live and for free, as are other leagues and sports.

The coverage, mainly from Chinese sport channels, is put on peer-to-peer applications and can be watched anywhere in the world.

As well as football, some sites are also claiming to offer live cricket action from The Ashes in Australia.

The FA Premier League, Uefa, Cricket Australia and other sport bodies have employed a company called NetResult to police the internet for unauthorised video.

Some websites provide direct links to each match, only requiring the user to download a free peer-to-peer program.

NetResult’s Tim Cooper said it had seen “good success” in stopping broadcasts on the Chinese services, but it was an “ongoing challenge”.

“We’re gradually working the numbers down and down, so unfortunately it’s a bit of a lengthy process,” he said.

"You could shut a website down today but tomorrow another 10 will appear.

“We’re fighting a continual battle because people will always try and jump on and off certain services and new technology is always evolving.”

Premiership matches that kick off at 3pm on Saturdays are not shown on TV in the UK for fear that stadium attendances could suffer.

But most are available on the peer-to-peer services.

Some matches are also streamed directly from individual sites and NetResult said it was lobbying internet service providers to shut these down.

Premier League spokesman Tim Vine said most offending sites had been taken down for contravening intellectual property rights.

‘Clamp down’

“It is clearly a difficult area to patrol,” he said. “However, we will continue to make every effort to protect our rights holders and clamp down on these sites.”

No live Premiership matches are yet available legally online anywhere in the world.

But from next season, Sky and Setanta Sports - who have won the rights to show Premiership matches on TV in the UK until 2010 - will also be able to broadcast them legally on the internet.

NetResult is also trying to stamp out illicit live coverage of The Ashes.

“At the moment there are some sites that are offering it,” Mr Cooper said. “But the majority of them we’re managing to shut down in swift time.”

Was that announcement before or after the first test?

HG

I’d say only the Tavern is open during the day. Wendels German Bakery will also have it on as well.

Otherwise your best bud has it but thats at his home.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Was that announcement before or after the first test?

HG[/quote]

Todays news

551 for 6.

TAKE THAT AND PARTY.

Well done England, and thanks for starting to play at an international level, it will ultimately make us feel a lot better about doing you over.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Well done England, and thanks for starting to play at an international level, it will ultimately make us feel a lot better about doing you over.

HG[/quote]

Let the sledging begin!

Your boys hate the short ball. Ask Bevan about it!!!

Oooh ooh, its short what am I gonna do ab… oh crap, I’m out. Where is the pavillion?

Finally, the domination of the Aussies begins.

(True story, Michael Slater, possibly the best cricketer ever, took a verbal swipe at a guy in the crowd at Notts once when he walked back to the pavillion. The guy had shouted, ‘The ball was short, like you!’ We pissed our sides.)

[quote=“TomHill”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Well done England, and thanks for starting to play at an international level, it will ultimately make us feel a lot better about doing you over.

HG[/quote]

Let the sledging begin!

Finally, the domination of the Aussies begins. [/quote]

This test will probably end up being a draw… Englands bloody slow run rate will ensure that.

Which brings me nicely to Geoffrey Boycott. Now a friend of mine played something called grade cricket, and he assured me at the time that part of Geoffrey Boycott’s time lacing up the pads and deploying the protector was spent giving it a tug. Apparently, or so said my friend, he had to duck into the dunnie and give it a tug in order to give his all for England.

Amazing, really.

HG

Bus anyone

To be a draw. Aussie 1 nil up. Third test in nine days at Perth (Dec 14th).

2002/03 - Third test - Perth, Australia won by an innings and 48 runs.
1998/99 - Second test - Perth, Australia won by seven wickets.
1994/95 - Fifth test - Perth, Australia won by 329 runs.
1990/91 - Fifth test - Perth, Australia won by nine wickets.

:slight_smile: Look out, Hilly :sunglasses:, could be a belting.

[quote=“amos”]Bus anyone

To be a draw. Aussie 1 nil up. Third test in nine days at Perth (Dec 14th).

2002/03 - Third test - Perth, Australia won by an innings and 48 runs.
1998/99 - Second test - Perth, Australia won by seven wickets.
1994/95 - Fifth test - Perth, Australia won by 329 runs.
1990/91 - Fifth test - Perth, Australia won by nine wickets.

:slight_smile: Look out, Hilly :sunglasses:, could be a belting.[/quote]

dont look now…120-9…its like a carcrash…

aussie need 168 from 36 overs…

this could be very exciting…no fielding restrictions, no OD wides…4.67 an over

Oh my god. What a disaster. I think I’m going to explode.

I’m at the Diner in Ruey An Street Taipei watching the live match right now. Eggs Benedict French toast and Ponting the best player in Cricket leading Australia to a crushing victory.

This will crush the English spirit now that they thought they had a chance of maybe winning. At least a draw was in the offering now they are history 2 / 109 right now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I hate cricket, as a rule . . but this is awesome! 4/122 . . . chasing 165!

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]I hate cricket, as a rule . . but this is awesome! 4/122 . . . chasing 165!

HG[/quote]

4/167 all over bar the last run :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

All over… you see the English teams faeces

The Aussie team are absolutley ecstatic. :smiley: :smiley:

This must rate as the worst English loss in the last 125 years of cricket :aiyo: :aiyo:

Whoa!

Now for that rugby world cup. . .

HG

Ponting Man of the Match :smiley:

Eh? Where does THAT fit into a game of cricket? They just drop their kecks and just “go” right there on the oval?

Eh? Where does THAT fit into a game of cricket? They just drop their kecks and just “go” right there on the oval?[/quote]

Oops FACES… but it might as well have been faeces they way it looks now.

England dropped Ponting on a low score and and took another Hundred off them English attack bowlers…

How they must feel now… In Deep Shit may not be strong enough words for it