The Average Income for Taiwan’s Street Vendors Is...

around NT$20,000/month.

It’s amazing how on the exact same website there’s another piece of article saying that you could easily make 200k/month lmao.

If 20 is the average, I’m sure the most popular ones that get featured in foodie TV shows are making at least 100 if not more.

The News Lens is a clickbait cesspool for uneducated pseudo-cosmopolitan hipsters on low salaries full of petty envy and libtard self-righteousness. What can you expect from such a website?

Oh and the less these vendors earn the better. They block sidewalks, do not pay their due share in taxes, and sell unhealthy food. The social cost they cause is tremendous. Not even to mention the piles of garbage they leave behind.

Wake up angry again ?

5 Likes

Must be more

They might not pay taxes, but mafia taking money with high rent.

20k is minimal salary. Probably median is around 25k twd by my feeling, so this put average above 30k, around 35k to 40k twd?

Emigrants getting 20k, taiwanese must get more

How about street astrologers? How about beggars? How much do they make?

But, but, Taiwan without street vendors would be unrecognizable. It would be a fundamental re-imagining of the cultural milieu. Even Singa-fascist-pore has street vendors (albeit in designated hawker zones).

Its okay Bear. I think he got out the wrong side of bed for oh…the last ten years or so. :slight_smile:

Still “fundamental re-imagining of the cultural milieu” is pretty good for a Monday morning, you have to admit.

1 Like