The be friendly to everyone experiment

BREAKING NEWS: PEOPLE APPRECIATE WHEN OTHERS ACT POLITELY.

after the break: 5 REASONS WHY DRINKING BLEACH IS BAD FOR YOU, #2 WILL MELT YOUR HEART

6 Likes

Most sidewalks are barely wide enough for one, especially when some loonies park their freaking sukudas all over the place.

Very considerate of you though!

1 Like

Thanks, I’m only doing one day a week in the beginning , got to go into this slowly LOL

I would’ve found you weird.

I also have a hard time with humour. Hearts and minds, today we all try.

I agree. This thread is sad if folks are being serious. If it’s supposed to be funny, it’s a poor attempt. This is why foreigners in Taiwan have a bad rep.

I know, right? I need a lot of ZOINKS, BOINKS and LOL’s in order to generate the slightest chuckle. Graphics and sound effects might, might, get me to guffaw.

Why would anyone want to talk to strangers in elevators?

that’s why you’d be in the 10%

ergh maybe when they live in the same building the same could be said about typing comments to people you don’t know on Forumosa but you LIKE IT

Is it just my perception , or does everyone not always say hello in elevators , but always say “ bye bye “:thinking:?

4 Likes

They do ? I don’t think so. And I’m not a foreigner

I still haven’t figured out how ‘Bye bye’ works here. I’ll walk by a [university] student that I know, they’ll wave, and the only thing they say will be “Bye bye” (or more like ba ba yi, but whatever). Now, it could be that they’re simply desperate to avoid any conversation with me, or is that just how things go in Chinese?

Check out Johnny Buzzkill.

No one says bye bye in the elevator.

Maybe just not to you. :grin:

3 Likes

I think this is a great experiment and no real harm can come of it.

I don’t want to toot my own horn, but I regularly hold the door for strangers wherever I go and also for my co-workers. Majority of the time I get a thank you or nod and rarely get zero acknowledgement.

Since I don’t commute via MRT or bus, I can’t regularly participate in those friendly acts, but I try to give right of way to pedestrians as often as I can on the scoots. I’ve probably gotten right of way as a pedestrian 1/200 times while crossing the street. I hope to be able to experience that ratio to come down.

3 Likes

What do you want, a friggin cookie???

That’s the spirit! Rocket is now giving out cookies to other friendly people.
I’m inspired! I also want to try to be friendly on Fridays, but first, I want a cookie! :cookie::angel:

2 Likes

What kind of cookie

1 Like