The Beer Thief

A guy in Ireland drove into the Guinness brewery and stole 180 kegs of Guinness stout, 180 kegs of US lager Budweiser and 90 kegs of Danish beer Carlsberg.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/bandit-nabs-450-kegs-in-record-guinness-theft/2007/11/30/1196037104516.html

Should we invite him to a happy hour?

I like the first kind he stole, the second one is OK, I guess, but the third one??? Would not drink that even if the alternative was water!

I like the first kind he stole, the second one is OK, I guess, but the third one??? Would not drink that even if the alternative was water![/quote]
I’d take the 90 kegs of Carlsberg before the 180 kegs of Bud. But 180 kegs of Guinness? That’s outstanding.

Edit: I wonder if this will make it into the Guinness Book of records?

What are 180 kegs of Budweiser doing in a Guiness brewery?

Because Budweiser is brewed in Kilkenny by Diageo under licence from Anheuser-Busch. Diageo’s other brands include:

Beer: Guinness, Smithwicks, Red Stripe, Harp Lager, Kilkenny
Scotch whisky: Johnnie Walker, J&B, Bells, Black & White, Vat 69, Oban, Talisker, Lagavulin, Glenkinchie, Dalwhinnie, Cragganmore
Vodka: Smirnoff, Cîroc, Popov
Cognac: Hennessy
Gin: Gordon’s, Tanqueray, Gilbey’s, Pirate Island Gin
Rum: Captain Morgan, Bundaberg
Bourbon: Bulleit
Canadian whisky: Crown Royal, VO
Irish whiskey: Bushmills
American whiskey: George Dickel
Tequila: Don Julio
Mixed drinks: Archers, Pimm’s
Liqueur: Baileys, Yukon Jack
Wines: Sterling Vineyards, Piat d’Or, Justerini & Brooks, Barton & Guestier, Beaulieu Vineyard, Blossom Hill

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Because Budweiser is brewed in Kilkenny by Diageo under licence from Anheuser-Busch. Diageo’s other brands include:

Beer: Guinness, Smithwicks, Red Stripe, Harp Lager, Kilkenny
Scotch whisky: Johnnie Walker, J&B, Bells, Black & White, Vat 69, Oban, Talisker, Lagavulin, Glenkinchie, Dalwhinnie, Cragganmore
Vodka: Smirnoff, Cîroc, Popov
Cognac: Hennessy
Gin: Gordon’s, Tanqueray, Gilbey’s, Pirate Island Gin
Rum: Captain Morgan, Bundaberg
Bourbon: Bulleit
Canadian whisky: Crown Royal, VO
Irish whiskey: Bushmills
American whiskey: George Dickel
Tequila: Don Julio
Mixed drinks: Archers, Pimm’s
Liqueur: Baileys, Yukon Jack
Wines: Sterling Vineyards, Piat d’Or, Justerini & Brooks, Barton & Guestier, Beaulieu Vineyard, Blossom Hill

HG[/quote]

No VB? Oh the shame.

If he had taken a few cases of Lagavulin, he would be able to stay in my house for as long as the Lagavulin supplies lasted.

I found the guys house, here are the photos to prove:

(Or was it just Mr. He who had a sudden feeling of thurst last weekend? :wink: )

It’s a steal in that place - 6 liters of beer for NT$600. (yes, I know where it is, and yes i had a huge hangover the morning after).

I knew you had something to do with all that empty kegs… :smiley:

Mr. He,
We are very dissapointed, because we choose to drink Danish beer as much as we can to support the Danish economy - after the threat of boicott due to some drawings.

It you want a pilsner, and they don’t have Tuborg - Take a Carlsberg…

Same thing.

Just don’t drink Maes Piss or the H brand. :noway:

Arrests have been made…

[quote]Irish Cops Bust 2 in Connection to Massive Beer Theft
Thursday, December 06, 2007

DUBLIN, Ireland — Ireland’s national police force has arrested two men in connection with an audacious robbery last week on the landmark Guinness Brewery in Dublin - but said Thursday they were still looking others involved in the beer banditry.

The Garda Siochana police force declined to specify how many kegs have been recovered following the Nov. 29 raid, when a lone man drove a truck into the brewery, hitched up a trailer loaded with 450 kegs and drove straight out through the security gate into rush-hour traffic. Guinness called it the biggest robbery in the 248-year history of the brewery.

Police said they recovered an unspecified volume of the stolen beer Monday at an undisclosed location in County Meath, northwest of Dublin, and arrested two men Tuesday on suspicion of involvement with the theft.

Police said one man was charged Wednesday with possessing stolen property and received bail pending his arraignment in Kilmainham District Court, west Dublin, on Dec. 21 - an unusual delay that reflected detectives’ desire to keep looking for others involved in the robbery before showing their hand in court.

The other man was released Wednesday without charge. But police said he was suspected of lesser involvement in the robbery and a file of evidence was sent to the state prosecutors’ office, a common practice in Ireland.

The Garda Siochana said it would not release any details about the two men, their alleged involvement, the location of the recovered kegs or how much of the beer booty remained at large, saying it could make it harder to catch others involved in the raid.

Irish detectives sometimes put bailed suspects under surveillance in hopes that they might help police to identify others involved in a particular crime.

The stolen trailer was loaded up with 180 kegs of Guinness stout, 180 kegs of brand Budweiser and 90 kegs of Danish brand Carlsberg. Guinness has a contract to brew and distribute those beers in Ireland.

Each keg holds about 88 British-sized pints, the most common serving size in Ireland - about 20 ounces each. The total theft involves 39,600 pints with a retail value exceeding $235,000.

The Republic of Ireland, a country of 4.2 million, has more than 10,000 pubs and bars. The Guinness brewery in Dublin is the biggest supplier, producing more than 5 million kegs annually.
foxnews.com/story/0,2933,315726,00.html[/quote]

I reckon by now all the Guinness has been drunk, about half the Carlsberg, and all the Bud is still untouched.