The best and worst hospitals in Taipei are

Once again, download the list from AIT. It won’t be a mystery and then you won’t have to start a lame ass thread trying to find a good hospital for you to go to when you are sick.

Oh, and by the way. The guy w/ the “nasty yellow toe nails” has a foot fungus. He was probably just as disgusted with having to deal with you being black as you were bothered by his feet.

[quote=“WestBankBitch”]
Oh, and by the way. The guy w/ the “nasty yellow toe nails” has a foot fungus. He was probably just as disgusted with having to deal with you being black as you were bothered by his feet.[/quote]

Ah, yes, what a perfectly stupid thing to say.

WestBankBitch…The name says it all.

The best for us has been the Tri Service in Neihu - not sure if this is the same one as bababa is referring to or not.

It is clean, relatively new, and generally very efficient. We have used it exclusively since mid 2001, our daughter was born there also.

At almost the same time our daughter was born, friends had their child,at the Adventist hospital and were not so complimentary about the service etc they were being given.

Worst has to be the WanFang in Mucha, dirty, inefficient and no one capable of speaking english when they knew a company sponsored foreignor was going for a medical check, our HR department spoke to them in advance. Upshot was medical check took two visits.

I like the very new Kangning Hospital just off of Kangning Road, very close to the Minquan/Chenggong/Jinhu/Kangning Roads intersection in Donghu. The hospital is very clean, I alwasy get a good doctor, and I never have to wait for very long.

Well, maybe it’s cause I’m Mucha Mucha Muzha Man (pause here for the ripple) but I’ve always gotten good service at Wanfang. Last time I was there the patient in front of me praised the doctor for being so thorough. I wish he had been a little less thorough as it meant I had to wait longer but of course once it was my turn I appreciated all the background questions he asked.

Although diagnosis techniques are less thorough than what I am used to, I have found the overall service at Taipei Veterans and Taipei Adventist Hospital to be quite good.

How do they get the machines to show any readings through all that hair?

My family doctor used to be a gynaecologist in Paris (French girls are damn hairy) before opting to return to general practice. So he is used to hairy beasts.

:wink:

I’m surprised no one has mentioned HeXin hospital, a.k.a., Sun Yat-sen cancer center. Friendly staff, professional service, very clean and Western looking. Sure it’s a little out of the way in Guandu, but the MRT will get you there very easily. It’s the best hospital in Taiwan in my book.

I’ve made many visits (though never as a patient) to Veterans’ Hospital in Tianmu, which is the huge one near the Shipai MRT station.

Service and professionalism seem pretty good there.

One thing worth mentioning: If you or anyone you know is ever there long term, the garden on the roof outside the fifth floor is quite nice. It has green grass, flowers, benches, and a great view.

hmm, this is actually only my second time to taipei, even tho it’s my 8th time to taiwan. (i’m living in taipei for a few months) so i really know nothing about the hospitals here. i can tell you about the hospitals in taichung tho! (off topic hhehe)

my uncle is ones of the heads of the China Medical College Hospital (75 Yuteh Road Taichung, Taiwan (04) 205-2121). It’s seriously an amazing hospital, the best in taichung. (and i’m not biased because my uncle is one of the chairs)

if you’re planning on going to see a doctor for a cold or something, i actually suggest making friends with a taiwanese person and going to see their family doctor, about 6 years ago (my 6th visit) i got very sick with strep throat and a fever and had to be taken to see the doctor. bascically i went to a small clinic and recieved medicine that frankly just knocked me out, but i was up and better in 2 days. amazing stuff.

I wouldn’t go to a hospital unless some body part was falling off and needed to be reattached now. For routine stuff, I go to a small clinic near where I live. The doctor speaks english very well, though he always asks me if I play golf everytime I go. The drawback with the small clinics is sometimes they are only open odd hours (mine is after 7pm), but it is much more personal and relaxed. Ask around your neighborhood to see which clinics people recommend.

As for Hospitals, we had good experiences at Taiwan Adventist for my daughter’s birth (I was allowed in to watch), but mixed experiences with followup care when she got sick a few months ago. After they released her and she got worse a few hours later, we went to MacKay hospital where the emergency room was able to make the correct diagnosis quickly and she wasn’t released until she really was well. But then for a followup visit the place was packed and it was quite stressful going through everything. She gets most of her routine care through a small children’s clinic near home.

My favorite is NTUH. The doctors I’ve seen there have been good and friendly, and being a student at NTU, I get a discount. Also, my BF had been sick with a serious sinus infection for well over a month and had been to several clinics that just diagnosed it as a cold and gave him the typical cold medicine. It wasn’t until I made him go to NTUH that they properly diagnosed him and gave him the appropriate treatment of antibiotics. I refuse to go to clinics ever again. I got in a big argument with an idiot doctor at one once and yelled at him in front of the nurses in patients that even I knew more about medicine than he did (which was probably true) and made him lose major face when I showed him the diagnosis from NTUH that contradicted his (he INSISTED that it was impossible that my BF had a sinus infection). Bastards … :fume:

Got stung by a bee as I was just out side of Chow Jo (My inventive spelling) in Pingtung County. Being allergic I zoomed in to town to find a hospital for treatment. The hospital I found myself at was very large but almost empty.

The doctor did not understand my bad Chinese and could not put my symptoms together. They were pretty textbook symptoms too. He ended up giving me a Tetanus shot for the Bee-sting and counseled me on my elevated blood pressure. When you

I have added a poll that will run for 30 days. After that expires, the results will be posted and a poll for the worst hospital will then run for another 30 days. Happy voting.

ImaniOU

Where’s my nominee, HeXin Hospital? :eh: If you ever get a chance to visit it, you’ll never want to go to another hospital.

I fully agree! In case you’ve never heard of HeXin Hospital, it is also known as Sun Yat Sen Cancer Center, but you can get lots more treated there besides cancer.

I cannot add any more options since people have already started voting. I will ask the mods to add it for you, though. Sorry for the omission.

I’ve been to Chang Gen (Dun Hua) a few times and found it very good with great English-speaking doctors and all the most up-to-date medicines.

I’ve been there on the Jian Bao card and paying the full whack and both times excellent attitude and care. I rate Cathay too. But I would vote for Chang Gen.