The best area to open a eatery/coffee/beer place in Taipei?

No idea what it means to be honest.

Good to know.

What about near the 大橋頭 MRT station; when I left Taiwan there were some new cafes opening up there. Been a minute tho…

If you can afford it, the block north of Da’an Park. Hotels and relatively few places to get a coffee, drink or something to eat. Nice small park in the center.

1 Like

Is this where we come up with one thousand suggestions and you shoot them all down?

990?

Around Technology Building MRT. You’ve got students from two universities and office workers (from the actual Technology Building) all converging on one MRT station.

I’m more into people that like good beer, appreciate it and don’t care spending a bit more.

新竹市 (Xinchu), depending where you are in Taipei 20-60 minutes by rail/car. They (people living there)tend as you say “don’t care spending bit more” as there is more money and less choices than other major cities.

1 Like

@Belgian_Pie Are you planning to open an eatery?

Why do you ask?

Mostly for support and I like eating. Maybe financial investment as well.

I’d say Xindian because we have a lack of western places, but I can’t guarantee it would be popular. It might be in the right place. There is little competition . But Taipei is always annoying like that ,all the bars and bistros congregate in a few small areas. Somebody should do a study on that ! Do you need hotels nearby or something ?
Maybe a place near Ximen might be good. Or Gongguan.

Will you serve Belgian waffles and fries too?

The ‘Green’ thing is there!

Check the population of Xindian and check the ‘green thing’. There is room for you. :grinning:
There are some offices in xindian, HTC and gigabyte.
Your other targets could be Neihu, Taoyuan and Linkou. Neihu has the offices and rich younger people , Taoyuan is still growing and getting richer , also young population . But where in Taoyuan , it’s big, and lacks public transport.

Is that a serious question to a poster that has the name Belgian Pie?

2 Likes

Honestly what matters a lot more in Taipei than location is whether you’ve actually got the good shit or not.

Look at Bogart’s, he’s way out in Nangang but his stuff is great so everyone hikes out there just for him.

1 Like

Really? I’m all for the good shit, but people are busy so the more accessible something is, it will obviously benefit.

When I order from UberEats, it’s usually because I haven’t planned for dinner and I’m short on time. So I get bummed out by what seemd like the same few restaurants available to us on the app.

2 Likes