The Best Break Up Songs Ever

I tried different uploads of the same songs, same result. Maybe I totally misread the point of the thread, it’s actually about the songs that are best at breaking up or not functioning entirely, of which there are many.

Just flag those that you find and @Rockefeller will do the rest!

2 Likes

I’m not in the unpaid profession of going through threads and doing moderators’ work.

I find your suggestion odd.

Neither are we.

I think he meant if there are ones you’ve found and need help with. And he’d be right that I’m glad to fix them for ya.

2 Likes

This song is really special to me, because it reminds of a few years back when it dumped snow on Tokyo and I was walking around the neighborhood. This song brings me directly back there every time and fills me up with equal bits nostalgia and gratitude for other people.

I don’t like the idea of begging someone to stay, but man, you can imagine how this happens often. It’s a painful tune.

Good breakups need screaming.

1 Like

Yeah, Gotye is great. :+1:

Also, this Cake cover of ‘I will survive.’ It sounds so much more bitter than the original one… as a break up song should. Also, I like the gender twist.

2 Likes

Nice cover, indeed!

1 Like

‘Cake’ is one of those bands that were huge in the 90s (with good reason), but is sadly kind of forgotten about today. They had a very unique style.

2 Likes

This was the first time I heard about them!

Check out their songs ‘Frank Sinatra’ and ‘The Distance’ as well. I’ll leave it there, because I don’t want to get too off topic.

2 Likes

By whom? Know plenty who listen to them. Maybe it’s just 'Murica (we still jam to Journey today lol).

A couple of late entries.

1 Like

A good one from the 70s.

Baby Come Back

2 Likes

Soft Cell, 1981

1 Like
4 Likes