playing with the kitten
dancing to great music
learning together
riding a motocycle on a hot sunny day together
having a family ice cream on a warm evening
doing nothing together

weekends away so I can see how much I miss him

Being constantly surprised at the words and sentences they come up with
Being able to watch cartoons and have people call you a good dad rather than a moron
Hearing “I love you, Daddy”

Feeding them.
Mine will eat about anything.
If he says it looks/smells/tastes weird I just tell him its how we do it in America. He likes it then.

Of course he also loves that hideous ‘cho do fu’ crap.

[quote=“jdsmith”]mixing his apple jacks and corn pops in the same bowl
buying toys for “him” like a human torso anatomy thingy and remote control cars
buying expensive comic books that I know he will love
being silly
making up stories and selling them as gospel
reading together
playing with the kitten
dancing to great music
learning together
riding a motocycle on a hot sunny day together
having a family ice cream on a warm evening
doing nothing together

weekends away so I can see how much I miss him[/quote]

JD you and the others who’ve posted - kudos!
Wish everyone felt the way you do about your kid, the world would be a much much better place. :notworthy: :bravo:

Bodo

I don’t have kids but if I did I would imagine this

It would be a great second childhood, because playing with kids you get to just ‘be’
Listen to how they view the world and other things-kids not only say the darnest things, but the smartest stuff too.
Watching them realize their own potiental, and then running to tell you about it and seeing the joy in their eyes from their own discovery
Hugs hugs hugs
Unconditional love even after you burnt dinner :smiley:

[quote=“Namahottie”]
It would be a great second childhood, because playing with kids you get to just ‘be’
Listen to how they view the world and other things-kids not only say the darnest things, but the smartest stuff too.
Watching them realize their own potiental, and then running to tell you about it and seeing the joy in their eyes from their own discovery
Hugs hugs hugs
Unconditional love even after you burnt dinner :smiley:[/quote]

And sadly, few adults remain this way or become again. Parents are good about beating it out of them. Everywhere. In Asia, perhaps since the coming of the Christian era. In the West, maybe only since the invention of childhood.

You can always become a child. It’s necessary if you want to see with new eyes.

Good points made above. Presently, however. . .

The best thing about having a kid is…

When the wife is feeling totally crazy, emotional and on the warpath ( :help: ), even in that wacked-out state she recognizes that it’s not healthy for a child to witness such lunacy, so she reigns in the outward manifestations of her hostility. :shh:

[quote=“Namahottie”]I don’t have kids but if I did I would imagine this

Hugs hugs hugs
Unconditional love even after you burnt dinner :smiley:[/quote]Much love…much love… :bravo:

watching him walk/stutter step around so proudly after just managing it for the first time … melts your heart.

When they say things like…
“Those kids are really naughty - don’t their parents raise them properly?”
“Who started war?”
Sister to sister “We’ll ask Dad, he’s the softy”
“You stay in bed we’ve made you breakfast” (Very cold toast and very weak coffee)
“What day is it today?”
“What sort of chicken is this?” (LAMB!)

In other words when they make you laugh.

If my kids were open to it , the greatest thing would be able to do the same stuff my parents and aunts and uncles did with me.

I would teach them how to :

Sew
Cook
go to plays, look at art, and the library often
Teach them how to maintain stuff(all thanks to my dad who taugh me all the stuff a guys is suppose to do around the house, like mow the lawn)
talk to them about all sorts of history
travel with them so I can see the world thru their eyes

Oh I just can’t wait to have kids, what a blessing it will be.
:laughing:

repeat that when your kid pukes in the car and to save the seat leather you allow her to puke her spag and meatballs into your cupped hands.

:laughing: :laughing:

repeat that when your kid pukes in the car and to save the seat leather you allow her to puke her spag and meatballs into your cupped hands.

:laughing: :laughing:[/quote]

Hahah that’s why you keep the plastic on the seats and the couch :laughing:

Knowing that you have the opportunity to give another human being all the love and care in the world so he/she can become all he/she can be.
Having the best friend in the world.

Becomming fluent in baby talk.

It is so funny to explain to your single firends how you can dicern “I’m hungry” “I’m bored” and “I’m tired” from the same garbled, incoherrent babbligs (to the untrained ear.) That stuff is just so damn cute, I think I just enjoy the excuse to speak it myself in public.

You people need pets.

I got one. And after the first week of ownership, my biological clock went on strike. :smiling_imp: :smiley:

My son (nearly two and a half) is my Taiwanese tutor. He’s learning a lot from his grandmother, and then I learn it from him.

The best thing? When he wants a hug, for no reason other than it feels good.

Watching him discover “We Will We Will ROCK YOU!” and sing it for 2 days straight!

He is really getting into Bohemian Rhapsody.

I don’t have kids, but you guys seem to have forgotten good stuff like:
[ul][li]Never needing to take out the garbage.[/li]
[li]Getting free cars washes.[/li]
[li]Never needing to leave the couch to get beer.[/li]
[li]A good excuse to buy more toys and video games.[/li]
[li]etc.[/li][/ul]
:wink: