The best trip in the world?

Trying to piggyback on the success of the best job in the world" contest, the Taiwan Tourism Bureau (TTB) came up with the best trip in the world: one lucky team gets NT$ 1.000.000 to spend a month in Taiwan and blog about it!

Sounds great, right? That’s what I thought until I read the complicated rules. To get a chance of winning the big price of NT$ 1.000.000 minus 20% taxes, your team has to - among other things - be one of 50 teams selected for stage 1 of the contest. In this stage, the teams have to travel through Taiwan for four days and upload a video plus description to the official website on every day. On day 5, the teams have to show up at a location chosen by the bureau and - once confirmed they’ve uploaded the videos and texts - they get NT$ 28.000 (per team). That sounds quite generous until you read that the teams have to pay for their own airfares.

I really don’t understand why this contest was even mentioned in the media here in Europe. The minimum you’d pay for a ticket for two persons is about NT$ 86.000.

:bs:

Might be interesting if you happen to be in Taiwan anyway between July 11 and August 31.

[quote=“hypermegaglobal”]Trying to piggyback on the success of the best job in the world" contest, the Taiwan Tourism Bureau (TTB) came up with the best trip in the world: one lucky team gets NT$ 1.000.000 to spend a month in Taiwan and blog about it!

Sounds great, right? That’s what I thought until I read the complicated rules. To get a chance of winning the big price of NT$ 1.000.000 minus 20% taxes, your team has to - among other things - be one of 50 teams selected for stage 1 of the contest. In this stage, the teams have to travel through Taiwan for four days and upload a video plus description to the official website on every day. On day 5, the teams have to show up at a location chosen by the bureau and - once confirmed they’ve uploaded the videos and texts - they get NT$ 28.000 (per team). That sounds quite generous until you read that the teams have to pay for their own airfares.

I really don’t understand why this contest was even mentioned in the media here in Europe. The minimum you’d pay for a ticket for two persons is about NT$ 86.000.

:bs:

Might be interesting if you happen to be in Taiwan anyway between July 11 and August 31.[/quote]

i agree this only looks viable if you live here or if you is maybe a rich abc. i doubt very much there will be 50 teams entering this. prolly about 10.

on another note i edited part of this (don’t blame me if you can’t understand it, i couldn’t either). my heart sank when i saw they had ripped off the “best job in the world” concept. there are times when taiwan is frankly embarrassing. this has been one of them.

Wow… those are really a lot of rules… still… I couldnt help to notice that my wife and I meet the requirements :wink:

yeah the up side is if you happen to be here (and especially if your wife is local) its an easy way to get NT$28,000 travel subsidy. Hell you could hole up in a love hotel in Beitou and shoot some footage of day trips to YangMingShan etc. and the 28,000 would be in the bag…just don’t upload the wrong videos :sunglasses:

Yeah, it’s looks like it has all the hallmarks of something organised by the Taiwanese government.

For the first round, they choose the 50 winners based on a point system, 10% of which comes from the number of votes your team/plan get…the idea being that you need to promote your plan and thus promote Taiwan. However you can vote for yourself as many times as you like by refreshing the page and voting over and over again :loco:

Some teams haven’t posted anything, just registered and they already have 100s of votes!

A clear theme, huh?

I could do a “cemetery tour”!