The biggest restaurant in the world ... is in?

China … yes it’s in China. They have 5,000 diners a day, 1,000 staff etc.
So for you Forumosans that live in China … have a look at the documentary about it …
You can also see how China evolves to a materialistic, and as we know most things in life is about face … very interesting
It’s in WMP format and Chinese, with Dutch subtitles …

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]China … yes it’s in China. They have 5,000 diners a day, 1,000 staff etc.
So for you Forumosans that live in China … have a look at the documentary about it …
You can also see how China evolves to a materialistic, and as we know most things in life is about face … very interesting
It’s in WMP format and Chinese, with Dutch subtitles …[/quote]

Are you sure about that?

[quote][url=http://googlesightseeing.com/2008/06/26/the-current-largest-restaurant-in-the-world/]The (Current) Largest Restaurant in the World

Syria’s Damascus Gate restaurant has recently been certified by Guinness as the “World’s largest restaurant”, stealing the crown from Thailand’s (previously featured) Mang Gorn Luang.

Seating up to 6014 diners at one time, it easily tops the previous holder’s 5000 capacity.

Damascus Gate employs 1800 members of staff to cover the 54000 m2 outside seating area, which is decorated with waterfalls, ponds, and replica archaeological monuments.[/url][/quote]

Well, I don’t want to start nitpicking … it’s a big restaurant …

:laughing:

You being a person in the business I’m sure you imagined the idea of “6014 diners at one time”. Holy crap. With a turnover of 3-4 tables a day!!! What is the size of the “pantry”?

My dutch is a bit rusty but they say in the beginning (first 10 seconds) it’s the biggest CHINESE restaurant in the world. :wink:

Right you are, thanks … omitting a word makes the statement flawed …

And, the documentary is interesting I think … it shows the current state of the Chinese society …