The biggest threat to America......is fascism

I’m not really into politics…but I found this very interesting: youtube.com/watch?v=6HljzEXJvj8

the u.s.a. are already a fascist country with bush at the wheel…

You are funny.

no, our trains don’t run on time

They never did in Italy, either.

i thought the trains ran on time

It was all part of Il Duce’s great myth, apparently.

The link worked, but the page never loaded… :frowning:

I don’t believe that the US is fascist just yet…although the characteristics known as the “14 Points” are present there: http://www.oldamericancentury.org/14pts.htm
The American people, whose character changed so much in recent years, are starting to wake from the slumber which has allowed a group of unamerican criminals to emerge from within the oligarchy…although the redneck element will always be there! (I still love “It Can’t Happen Here”, written in the 1930’s: http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks03/0301001h.html)

The Neo-Jacobins only have a few years left with which to work their “magic”. That makes the situation in America, and for the entire planet, more dangerous. Like a cornered and wounded beast, the Cheney admin. will do what it takes to survive. Another attack within the continental US would serve them just fine! Blame Syria!

(and then AIPAC will only need to demand the dismissal of all espionage charges against their agents) :rainbow:

well what’s the point then?

Not funny. Just dumb.

I still think your quotation of Bladerunner is wrong.

Tempo Gain:

Bladerunner:

“[color=purple]Otter: Ladies and gentlemen, I’ll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules or took a few liberties with our female party guests – we did. But you can’t hold a whole fraternity responsible for the actions of a few sick, perverted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn’t we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn’t this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you … isn’t this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do what you want to us, but we’re not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America![/color]”Animal House

Classic.

I love the scene where they go to the sorority and pretend to be the dead girl’s friend in order to get a sympathy lay.

nah he says something there! he mumbled “could be true.” have to see it again to be sure i guess lol. besides that just editing lol. once i made a techno track on the computer and that was the editied version of the sample i put in it.

The biggest threat to America…are the many young naive morons who think it is an evil empire.

If the U.S. is facists now then what the heck was it when FDR served 3 terms and part of a 4th, and was succeeded by his vice President for the remainder of that term, plus another for a total of 20 years of rule? Oh wait, but that wasn’t facism because they were fairly elected, just like the current regime.

I think that Zappa merely chose an effective soundbite that reflected his point of view on the issue, that music censorship was ineffective at best, harmed his livelihood , was an attack on his first amendment rights, and could ultimately be used as part of an agenda to trip up opponents of the government. It was attention grabbing and effective in the show, and apparently it still is.
The censorship issue has not gone away, and lives on in the form of post-Janet Jackson FCC restrictions on obscenity. Supporters of these regs spout the same crap that the guest from the Washington post was spouting about protecting children…, and yet those same kids can simply turn to cable tv or satellite radio and hear all those dirty words that carry very stiff FCC fines (up to $350,000 per word)
Interestingly, public radio stations across the U.S. are reacting very strongly to these rules: one slip of the tongue could put many of them out of business, and I’m sure that some policy makers, who are opponents of public radio, would be happy to have that happen. Why should ABC, NBC, CBS and public radio be held to a different standard than Sirius satellite radio, or the print media for that matter?
I’m siding with Zappa and Novak on this one.

So are you saying that the guys in the Bush administration are sick, perverted individuals? That would be something completely new from your keyboard.

[quote=“ratlung”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]"[color=purple]Otter: Ladies and gentlemen, I’ll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules or took a few liberties with our female party guests – we did. But you can’t hold a whole fraternity responsible for the actions of a few sick, perverted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn’t we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn’t this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you … isn’t this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do what you want to us, but we’re not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America![/color]"…Animal House[/quote]So are you saying that the guys in the Bush administration are sick, perverted individuals? That would be something completely new from your keyboard.[/quote]ratlung -
you guys will go to any end searching for a spinn…don’t ya? :unamused:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“ratlung”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]"[color=purple]Otter: Ladies and gentlemen, I’ll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules or took a few liberties with our female party guests – we did. But you can’t hold a whole fraternity responsible for the actions of a few sick, perverted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn’t we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn’t this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you … isn’t this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do what you want to us, but we’re not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America![/color]"…Animal House[/quote]So are you saying that the guys in the Bush administration are sick, perverted individuals? That would be something completely new from your keyboard.[/quote]ratlung -
you guys will go to any end searching for a spinn…don’t ya? :unamused:[/quote]

No, just searching for some hope. :rainbow: :flowers: