The British Royal Family thread

Bwahaha…Getting the boot.
Their tour was a disaster.
The British were slavers there should have been kicked out a long time ago.

Are the Royals going to donate funds to the ex slaves there …Maybe sell a castle or two?

1 Like

Don’t read the comments. I can never get my head around why so many people in the uk still love the royal family.

1 Like

I guess they pay for it so they have to try and spin it to themselves why they give these super rich people so much money to ‘work’ on their behalf.

Some of their supporters will be on universal credit living on beans on toast… … ah Williams and Kate…

2 Likes

There’s an interesting looking book on Edward VIII’s probable treasonous activities before and during WW2 coming out soon.

He wanted Axis forces to defeat the British Empire so he would be made king again and head a puppet regime. This has been known for a while, but now there’s evidence he was actively sending Germany info.

2 Likes

I saw that on Netflix. No soup for you!

2 Likes

He must have been absent for the Germany debriefing.

You Just Don’t Understand British Culture™

3 Likes

Queen Elizabeth II is very popular but the others not so much. Probably William is the second most popular. When she goes I think they will survive but in a very much smaller form. The last time they were kicked out Cromwell was not a good replacement.
I personally think they should go after Queen Elizabeth passes before that would be too chaotic.

He helps keep the family in the news.

2 Likes

For all the wrong reasons though. He was nicknamed “Randy Andy” in his single days.

Charlie disgraced himself big time when the phone taps revealed some of his calls with Camilla, including the infamous Tampon statement.

Harry had a bad reputation in the press as a “party boy” with is “Hooray Henry” mates before he joined the army and quietened down. Then it all changed when it was found out that he had been in Afghanistan and his popularity soared.

3 Likes

Fun read about Randy:

2 Likes

I think at that time his daughters should have some protection. They would have been easy targets for Islamic extremists or other nut jobs.
Beheading the Queens granddaughters would be a huge propaganda feat for the likes of Al Queda or Isis.

2 Likes

It’s great to be the king… well not yet…

“Everyone felt very uncomfortable about the situation,” a former adviser to the Prince of Wales told the Sunday Times of London.

The “only thing we could do was to count the money and make a mutual record of what we’d done,” the source said. “And then call the bank.”

Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani, the former prime minister of Qatar, bestowed the big bucks on the heir to the British throne in three deliveries during private, off-the-books meetings at Clarence House, the prince’s official London residence.

He came toting stacks of bills totaling 3 million euros — about $3.2 million at today’s exchange rates — in duffel bags, a suitcase, and several branded shopping bags from the famed Fortnum & Mason department store.

The payments were deposited into the Prince of Wales’s Charitable Fund (PWCF), a grant-making entity that quietly bankrolls the prince’s pet projects — and pays the bills at his Scottish country estate.

2 Likes

It’s a strong man taking charge.

More of that social liberalism? :laughing:

Yep- those damn Qatari Sheiks are noted for their social liberalism.

They don’t mind buying a seat at the table, though. Do they?

Guess Royals still like traditional old way of cash., why not direct to Charitable Fund.

The Stiff Upper Lip Society of Chinless Adult Men?