The Burger Stop Chat Thread

Be nice if you could add chicken and veggie burgers to your menu. Cover all bases then. Oh, and BEER! Good luck! :thumbsup:

[quote=“Burgerboy”]Hi there!

My fiancĂ© and I have just opened a new hamburger restaurant in Taipei. “The Burger Stop” is now serving hand-made burgers the way we make them in the USA!

Please come by and try out our menu. We kept it real simple, just burgers, fries, and drinks!

We are located at:

106ć°ćŒ—ćž‚ć€§ćź‰ć€ć»¶ć‰èĄ—137ć··26號
No. 26, Ln. 137, Yanji St.
Da’an District, Taipei City 106, Taiwan
TEL: (02) 2711-7079

We know you are going to love our burgers!

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Thanks,
Dave & Yvonne

Menu:
Single Stack Burger
Single Stack Cheese Burger
Double Stack Burger
Double Stack Cheese Burger
Fries
Onion Rings (Strings)
Soda
Shakes (Vanilla, Chocolate, & Strawberry)
Coffee[/quote]
Sounds great Dave! Best of luck! (I’d be there today if it weren’t for this cursed diet that I’m on.)

And hours of operation. I just happened to walk by there the other day. I will stop by sometime.

love me sum burgers, can’t wait to support your business.

Give him a week. :wink:

How’s the place look, Dave? Post some pics! Photos of yummy burgers are guaranteed to have the forumosans drooling and flocking over in their droves! :lick:

You got a website? Gotta have a website, man, even a tacky shitty little one.

I can only drool from out here on the moors, maybe one of you guys could eat one for me and report your findings, including the volume of slobbery-juices it produces.

Also: is the cheese cheddar, swiss, American (ha! that’s an oxymoron), or what? Is there filler or is it all beef (if it’s US-style, I’m guessing all beef)? Bacon an option?

Most important: do you have mustard other than French’s-Non-Mustard?

Sounds great. Thanks for the info.

I’ll be dropping by soon to give your burgers (and onion rings and fries) a try.

Best of luck to you with this new restaurant!

Wow, you guys and gals are quick to respond! Thanks for the posts and interest!

Here’s a shot at answering your questions.

The website is currently being built, but we do have a simple splash page up for now. burgerstop.com

1. Our hours are Sunday - Thursday 11am-9pm and 11am-10pm on Friday and Saturday.
  2. Our patties are ground fresh and hand pressed daily using top quality 100% USDA beef steaks.
  3. We are keeping things authentic to the way my family used to make burgers for us as kids, which was with all beef. So we don’t have any family recipes for chicken or veggie burgers! Sorry!
  4. Beer does sound like a possibility in the future perhaps

5. We do have the French’s variety of mustard if you ask for it, but I personally feel it adds too strong of a taste to the burger. Save the mustard for the Corn Dogs! haha
  6. Any yes our burgers are very very juicy. I actually feel a bit bad for the folks that have never had a true American burger, that get most of it all over their clothes! I think I will have to offer bibs with the burgers, or perhaps Burger eating 101 classes in the evenings! :slight_smile:

Thanks and see you all soon!

Wow man, great looking place!
I love me a good burger that bathes me in grease, so I’ll be stopping by for sure. :thumbsup:

I will come by to eat because I LOVE burgers, but I disagree about the mustard. Thats one problem I have noticed with Taiwan at Mcdonald’s and other burger places. They use alot of ketchup, and barely ANY mustard. I like a mix of both, thats why I miss the sliders from back home.

Some places actually mixed the ketchup and mustard before putting it on the burger (sorry, cheeseburger). The result was a nice zesty slider with fried onions. I hate sweet–I like zesty, which is a combination of cheese, ketchup, mustard, onions. I think the mustard kind of cuts through the sweetness of the ketchup and onions adding to the zest.

opinion, but of course I will just order mustard

Senor Burgerboy, thank you for the excellent response and pictures. Just one thing:

When I asked about French’s, I was asking if you had any OTHER mustard besides French’s, because French’s is such horrible salty crap. Any dijon perhaps, or a german weisswurst mustard - really, anything but French’s?

I have, and will again, been willing to bring my own mustard, but it simplifies things if you’ve got something good already. Oh and uh, putting ketchup and no mustard on your burger, that’ll get you shot in my part of the world. And any ketchup at all on a hot dog (I recall Harry Callahan had something to say about that in Sudden Impact).

[quote=“TwoTongues”]Senor Burgerboy, thank you for the excellent response and pictures. Just one thing:

When I asked about French’s, I was asking if you had any OTHER mustard besides French’s, because French’s is such horrible salty crap. Any dijon perhaps, or a german weisswurst mustard - really, anything but French’s?

I have, and will again, been willing to bring my own mustard, but it simplifies things if you’ve got something good already. Oh and uh, putting ketchup and no mustard on your burger, that’ll get you shot in my part of the world. And any ketchup at all on a hot dog (I recall Harry Callahan had something to say about that in Sudden Impact).[/quote]

You mean Dirty Harry (the first one), when they’re pulling the girl’s body out of the ground.

Burgerboy, good luck on your new venture, you appear to have a sound and stable business model which will hopefully serve you well.

And ignore all these fruitcakes with their “if it doesn’t have mango/tarragon salsa and pickled conch, it just isn’t a burger” nonsense.

You’re pretty close to chief-land there, mought come for a visit this weekend

There’s some tough competition in that neighborhood. Yuma, Mary’s, Forkers

It’s becoming a veritable burger burg over there.
Good luck to the Burger Stop. It looks classy.

So, in the interest of being spoon-fed every single nanobyte of information without doing a sniff of actual research, where are we on Yanji, north or south of Ren’ai?
Is the lane west or east of Yanji?
Closer to On Tap or the Yuma/Alleycat’s/Mary’s/Toasteria cluster?

So, in the interest of being spoon-fed every single nanobyte of information without doing a sniff of actual research, where are we on Yanji, north or south of Ren’ai?
Is the lane west or east of Yanji?
Closer to On Tap or the Yuma/Alleycat’s/Mary’s/Toasteria cluster?[/quote]
I was walking from Yuma after having my three-margaritta lunch and I wanted to see if Larry’s was really closed. I made a right turn at where Larry’s used to be and kept walking down that street and I saw the Burger Stop. “Pretteeeeee” I said.

Hey gang,

Thanks for the posts!

As far as the mustard goes, we only have the French’s. I apologize to the Mustard connoisseurs. We do however use our own special sauce on each burger that has a zesty punch to it, which in my opionion, takes place of any need for mustard or ketchup. I’m am with you on the sweet point. No burger should be sweet, especially the bun!

Thanks,

Dave

Here is a map of the place. I’m pretty bad with directions.

[quote=“Burgerboy”]Hey gang,

Thanks for the posts!

As far as the mustard goes, we only have the French’s. I apologize to the Mustard connoisseurs. We do however use our own special sauce on each burger that has a zesty punch to it, which in my opionion, takes place of any need for mustard or ketchup. I’m am with you on the sweet point. No burger should be sweet, especially the bun!

Thanks,

Dave

Here is a map of the place. I’m pretty bad with directions.

[/quote]

Ah so, between the MRT and where Larry’s used to be, awesome location, some serious Charlie action down there, wicked.
Might get down there for lunch on the weekend.

After seeing your map I walked over there. It is less than 30 seconds from my office.
:runaway:

I’ll be over after work. Since you don’t have it can we bring our own beer?

Some of the pricing I saw on the order board: $115 for a single, $125 for a single cheese, $135 for a double, and $145 for a double cheese.

[quote=“elektronisk”]After seeing your map I walked over there. It is less than 30 seconds from my office.

Some of the pricing I saw on the order board: $115 for a single, $125 for a single cheese, $135 for a double, and $145 for a double cheese.[/quote]

Hold up: NT 20 for a second burger patty? Holy smokes, Fudgeman, if that patty’s quality, that’s a steal!

[quote=“TwoTongues”][quote=“elektronisk”]After seeing your map I walked over there. It is less than 30 seconds from my office.

Some of the pricing I saw on the order board: $115 for a single, $125 for a single cheese, $135 for a double, and $145 for a double cheese.[/quote]

Hold up: NT 20 for a second burger patty? Holy smokes, Fudgeman, if that patty’s quality, that’s a steal![/quote]

-in the parlance of our times.