The Burger Stop Chat Thread

You mean coitus?

Goddamn why you keep drawing me into this shit, you’re like my ex-wife, pushing my buttons, stealing my job, next thing you know you’ll be blowin my best friend…

[quote=“TwoTongues”]You mean coitus?

Goddamn why you keep drawing me into this shit, you’re like my ex-wife, pushing my buttons, stealing my job, next thing you know you’ll be blowin my best friend…[/quote]

Over the line, Smokey!!!

That’s what I wanted to hear.

Looks like me and the chieflette will be stopping by Sunday for lunch after a movie.
:lick:

The sad part is that they are located in the alley next to me. Can you guys recommend a good cardiologist? :laughing:

[quote=“elektronisk”]I stopped in yesterday for a cheeseburger and onion strings. Fries are $40 and onion strings $55. Combos are a burger plus $80 for fries and a soda or $95 for onion strings and a soda.

To backtrack a bit. When I went over there in the afternoon and was scanning the order board from outside, one of the staff came out to invite me in. Wow, I wish my employees were that proactive.

As you can see from the photos the place is a clean, well-lighted place.

When I went there later in the day I was greeted warmly and the food came out much faster than I expected.

I’ll say this is the most authentic American-style cheeseburger that I have had in Taiwan.
1. The patty is the juicy type. None of that cardboard frisbee Mc. stuff.
2. The lettuce was fresh and crisp.
3. The cheese… excuse me for a minute… Almost every other place puts the cheese on during assembly. Burger Stop actually does it right! Melted over the patty as it cooks. The result is “Gooey Goodness”.

Juicy + Crisp + Gooey = Delicious.

Dave and Yvonne are a friendly couple and as the chief said, it looks like they have a good business model (K.I.S.S.). Great service, food, and price. You can look forward to seeing franchising. :laughing:

I tried to twist his arm to get beer. Hopefully they will soon. Also, he already put mustard out on the condiment table but with the special sauce (ketchup/catsup and mayo?) I don’t think you need it. The only slight niggle would be that I would like the bun toasted a little more but I’ll ask for that next time.

The onion strings are very addictive.

For you (particularly Doc, Tigerman, and Fee) that enjoy a good American-style burger you should get there now.

Recommended. :thumbsup:[/quote]

Great review, as always, elektronisk.

You’d better believe that I will be stopping by the Burger Stop soon!

I’m particularly liking the sound of those onion strings–I’m sure that I will like the taste of them, as well.

Looking forward to my first burger there. And you are right, elektronisk–a good ol’ American-style burger is exactly what I like and am always after.

Great news! The burger scene in Taipei just keeps on getting better and better!

Menu and prices are now up on the website, NT$70 for shakes? That got to be wrong, right?

[quote]elektronisk
I stopped in yesterday for a cheeseburger and onion strings. Fries are $40 and onion strings $55. Combos are a burger plus $80 for fries and a soda or $95 for onion strings and a soda.[/quote]
You got ripped! The combos should be $55 and $70.

Here is their menu:

[color=#804040]Burgers
Single Stack Burger $115
Single Stack Cheese Burger $125
Double Stack Burger $135
Double Stack Cheese Burger $145

Sides
Fries $40
Onion Rings (Strings) $55

Combo Special
Add Frieds & Soda to any Burger $55
Add Onion Rings & Soda to any Burger $70

Drinks
Soda (Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, Lemon Ice Tea, Honey Pear Tea) $30
Shakes (Vanilla, Chocolate, & Strawberry) $70
Coffee $35[/color]

Got off work at 8pm, have to take B15 bus, then transfer to MRT. By the time I got there, they are already closed. But, those friedly people let me in and allow me to take photos. The kitchen is well cleaned up . Very good job.

I chatted with the girl working on the cash register. The beef patties used on a double stack burger weight 1/3 lb. That makes each patty 1/6 lb ,or 2.67 oz , or 76g. In comparison, Forkers uses 150g patties and Mary’s uses 100g patties. The additional charge for a patty is $20, and $10 for a slice of cheese. Over all, the pricing is about par with Forkers.

Passed by Forkers on the way home. It is still packed, with people waiting outside, mostly young hip type. It is becoming too crowded to me liking.

Thanks for stopping by elektronisk. It was great to meet you and I’m very happy that you like our burgers and onion strings! Point well taken on the bun toasting, that appears to still be a training issue for us, but we are getting there!

I think I will need to add beer so you can swing by and we can knock back a couple!

Just a quick correction on the pricing; Fries + Soda are NT 55, and Onion Strings + Soda are NT 70 with any burger. So a Double Stack Cheese Burger with Fries & Soda will ring in at NT 200. We’ve posted our menu on our still "under construction "website. burgerstop.com

Our shakes are hand made with real ice cream and not the power mix like every other place in town, so prices are a bit higher, by about NT 15-20.

Also, we grind and press our patties daily from high quality steaks. No, meatloaf patties here, just pure beef.

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Thanks,
Dave

I hate to disagree with my dear friend Mr Elektronisk, but I don’t like my burger buns/rolls toasted. A matter of taste, I guess. Perhaps ask your patrons while they are ordering?

I’m sorry, I meant that the NT$70 price for shakes must be wrong, as in it’s way too cheap, especially if you make them from ice cream. I think I’ll have to pay a visit this weekend as well…
And Jimi, you’re just wrong, burger buns should be toasted :raspberry:

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]
And Jimi, you’re just wrong, burger buns should be toasted :raspberry:[/quote]
Right. I’m going to kill you. It is that simple. Toasted buns are the work of SATAN! If I want toasted buns then I’ll raise my glass and say: “Here’s to Jimi’s arse! Lang may it reek!”

But then again you aren’t from America. :nyah:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Well, considering the shite that Brits call a burger… nuff said…

You are now my best friend.

:laughing:

The Brits have burgers? I don’t think I’ve ever had a Brit burger. :ponder:

The Brits have burgers? I don’t think I’ve ever had a Brit burger. :ponder:[/quote]

um. Not going to touch that one. :laughing:

The Brits have burgers? I don’t think I’ve ever had a Brit burger. :ponder:[/quote]

um. Not going to touch that one. :laughing:[/quote]
I know what you’re thinking…

Well, the name of the place is the Burger Stop, so what else would you expect them to serve?

I’d rather go somewhere with a slightly limited menu and good food than to a place that servers anything under the sun, but it tastes like crap.

Now to make some kind of excuse so we end up there for a meal during the weekend…

Oh, and is there any chance to add bacon as an extra topping item?

You should go to the Bacon Burger Stop.