The Carrefour 2022 Thread

:white_check_mark:

They remind me of After Eight I used to get a lot.

1 Like

You’re eating too much chocolate. Wait, is there such a thing as too much chocolate?

Apricot rosemary is good too

With chocolate? That’s like pecans with cranberry sauce :slight_smile:

I could barely taste the rosemary, just a hint. It seems popular, it always disappears.

Is it not just a giant 1970s after dinner mint?

1 Like

Well, I’ll throw in my two cents. I am liking the cacao nibs flavour. They have a biscuit like crunch to them. Which means I eat it like biscuits. As in a lot.

2 Likes

You say that like it’s a bad thing

1 Like

You lied to me!! That’s not the fondant one! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I bought the mint (thanks @tempogain :roll_eyes:), blackcurrant and “crumble”, and raspberry and whatever “crêpe dentelle” is. They’re alright - a little bit too dark for me tbh. I think I prefer the raspberry.

Oops! I got a fondant one recently. I assumed that was it

I think that’s the other, cheaper brand they stock sometimes (although I didn’t see it today), with soft mint, caramel, etc. centers. I prefer those actually (and quite like After Eights, as you say).

1 Like

Thanks for telling us! My nearest Carrefour had only ran out of the 80% one (my fave), so I got the 90%. If its too bitter I guess I can just melt it and make hot cocoa.

Its just talk now, wonder if the EU would allow it.

Carrefour is selling frozen whole duck’s liver. I’m not sure whether to make a pate or to lightly sautee it in slices and pretend I’m eating fois gras. Either way, it’s a great addition

2 Likes

If there is something from Carrefour that you cannot live without, you should buy it now.

https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202203140013

That was a damn huge fire.

2 Likes

In a statement, the Taoyuan Department of Environmental Protection said Monday that it will fine Carrefour NT$100,000 (US$3,507) to NT$5 million for environmental pollution, as the thick black smoke from the fire had created huge pollutants that affected the air quality in the surrounding areas.

I’m surprised they can fine a company for what’s presumably an accidental fire, at least until they’ve investigated it and determined whether the company is actually at fault.

1 Like

Bye bye Carrefour

Did they already sale carrefour? Sorry if I missed it.

But I’m not sure what that would mean at the consumer level. If a 40% owner of the company becomes the 100% owner, what are we going to see? Are they going to become “7-11 Ultra” with a massively different product range? Or will things continue mostly unchanged from our perspective?

1 Like

It’s the change in product range that is my major concern (and I’d assume that of many others here).

5 Likes