The claw

If what you object to about ‘the Claw’ is animals suffering, then I hope you’re a vegetarian.

If you think about it eating meat and playing ‘the Claw’ (or fishing or fox hunting or bear baiting drinking snake’s blood) are all forms of killing or hurting animals for pleasure (culinary or otherwise). Eating animals for survival is not ‘for pleasure’ but if you don’t need to eat themn to survive then it is (either that or for convenience, laziness or out of ignorance). Most animals suffer a lot more than those lobsters in the process of getting raised for us to eat.

Bri

My earlier comments on people who appeared to hate Taiwan were not made with anyone in mind.
As to the crawdaddy drop, I don’t think that the aim of the attraction is to entertain by watching a crawfish drop. This seems to me to be an incidental action. I don’t think anyone would think, “Oh look I’ve grabbed one…oh no! I dropped it; I wonder if I hurt him? Boy, that was amusing!”
It seems that the concept is based on can you grab a crayfish and get it out or not?
By the way, aren’t fresh lobsters put directly into boiling water WHILE THEY ARE ALIVE? OK, the customers don’t get to “enjoy” that show, but they sure are willing to pay to enjoy the aftermath…