The climate of fear thread

The Swedish model…

The new narrative.

Climate of fear is killing my tomato plants. :rant:

Lots of vague fearmongering in this article, but it won’t change things.

More lockdown backlash:

It got old with people weeks ago, Now its being old is starting to get old.

Who was that masked man?

Fear leads to hate.

“I just don’t understand it. Even though I’m not Pentecostal, I wouldn’t want something like this to happen,” Katherin Bright told ABC Memphis affiliate WATN.

That just the gold standard of Mississippi church burning tolerance.

OTOH-

“Federal and state officials across the country have altered or hidden public health data crucial to tracking the coronavirus’ spread, hindering the ability to detect a surge of infections as President Donald Trump pushes the nation to reopen rapidly,” according to Tahir and Cancryn. “In at least a dozen states, health departments have inflated testing numbers or deflated death tallies by changing criteria for who counts as a coronavirus victim and what counts as a coronavirus test.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/scientifically-unsound-disturbing-evidence-shows-officials-are-hiding-and-deflating-covid-19-stats-to-build-the-case-for-opening-up/

1 Like

Cowards understand how to use fear. But it doesn’t work so well outside the cities.

Darwin facepalms…

For those who believe in experts:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/rosenwald-md/post/do-curfew-laws-actually-work/2011/07/27/gIQAQ8ZucI_blog.html

Replace the police with neighborhood militia. Because big police is the enforcement arm of big government, and professionalism is just a word.

Check your Latino privilege.

De-unionize the police. It works.

Also:

Did they just call Oblasio a moderate? Also, which party runs New York again?

@tempogain posted an article on this topic the other day. This has some more detail, but I’d like to see more specifics. A right wing youtuber claimed that the police force was nearly doubled, but I can’t confirm or refute that with an actual news or primary source.

Public sector unions are evil. That’s the takeaway. The rest is details.

At least they don’t require burkhas.

This makes sense to me. If you won’t follow a simple safety rule, you don’t get to board.