The Co-Dependent Thread

I need you.

Are you there?

Yes.

Are you there?

Where are you when I need you?

Classic, just classic. You’re out. Not here at all.

What’s up with that?

[quote=“Bassman”]Classic, just classic. You’re out. Not here at all.

What’s up with that?[/quote]

Don’t you think one of us being co-dependent is enough for co-dependency to work?

I need someone else.

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“Bassman”]Classic, just classic. You’re out. Not here at all.

Don’t you think one of us being co-dependent is enough for co-dependency to work?

I need someone else. [/quote]

See, there you go again. Me, me, me. It’s all about you.

Someone else… huh! Wasn’t I good enough for you or something?

Ok, I’m listening…

shoot :blah:

Hello I’m the guy who sits next to you and reads the newspaper over your shoulder. Wait, don’t turn the page; I’m not finished. Life is so uncertain.

Here I am. Yes it’s me. Take my hand and you’ll see. Here I am.
Yes it’s true. All I want girl is you.

Given that true intellectual and emotional compatability are at the very least difficult if not impossible to come by we could always opt for the more temporal gratification of sheer physical attraction. That wouldn’t make you a shallow person, would it?

If Ford is to Chevrolet what Dodge is to Chrysler, what Corn Flakes are to Post Toasties,what the clear blue sky is to the deep blue sea, what Hank Williams is to Neil Armstrong, can you doubt we were made for each other?

Look, I understand too little too late. I realize there are things you say and do you can never take back, but what would you be if you didn’t even try? You have to try. So after a lot of thought, I’d like to reconsider: Please, if it’s not too late, make it a cheeseburger.

(Lyle Lovett)

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“Bassman”]Classic, just classic. You’re out. Not here at all.

No. Just one of us needing someone is dependency.

Each of us needing someone is co-dependency.

Since this is the co-dependency thread, each of us needs each other,

So, bugger off dependent!

OOC

[quote=“OutofChaos”][quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“Bassman”]Classic, just classic. You’re out. Not here at all.

No. Just one of us needing someone is dependency.

Each of us needing someone is co-dependency.

Since this is the co-dependency thread, each of us needs each other,

So, bugger off dependent!

OOC[/quote]

I can try harder.

Talk to me.

Don’t make me feel sad.

I am feeling very left out.

Me too… :snivel:

It’s very quiet in here.

Where did you all go?

[Throws chair accross the room]

I need you guys and you’re not here.

[rolls up in a ball and rocks forwards and backwards]

Oh sure, NOW you show up. It wouldn’t have been so quiet in here if you had been here when we needed you, but noooo…You show up whenever you need to show up.

It’s a CO-dependent thread - we each need each other.

Needing someone isn’t enough. We need someone who needs us. So if you don’t feel needed - go away!
No, wait, don’t go. I didn’t mean that. We need you if you need us.

But then if you need us, why weren’t you here before?

We need…

You need…

I need a vacation.

OOC

“Pee-ple…Pee-ple who need pee-ple…are the luckiest pee-ple in tha woooorllddd…”

my Babsy impersonation is lousy…and for that I am thankful.

I don’t want to sound weird or anything, but more recently I’ve been having dreams about getting stuck in a disaster scenario with Fred Smith. He saves me (along with an entire village of pro-American Iranians) and then I wake up feeling strangely better about my conservative tendencies but genuinely sickened that it was Fred that saved me and not, say, Condi Rice. Is this co-dependency? Is it needing someone when you just know it’s so wrong…

guangtou, feeling right is never wrong. Feeling left (out) though can be a bummer.

Dependency is needing someone right or left, err, wrong.

Co-dependency is when someone else needs your right or your left or your wrong or your right as the case may be, and you need them as they need you - right or left or wrong or right.

To put it simply, if it’s an either this or that, it’s dependency.
If it’s neither this nor that, it’s rejection.
If it’s an all of the above with an index finger pointedly held at the bottom of the chin and a lot of me-too, me-too, me-toos - then its co-dependency.

We all live in a yellow submarine.

OOC

guangtou, feeling right is never wrong. Feeling left (out) though can be a bummer.

Co-dependency is when someone else needs your right or your left or your wrong or your right as the case may be, and you need them as they need you - right or left or wrong or right.

If it’s an all of the above with an index finger pointedly held at the bottom of the chin and a lot of me-too, me-too, me-toos - then its co-dependency.

OOC[/quote]

THAT was seriously funny :bravo:

OOC[/quote]

THAT was seriously funny :bravo:[/quote]

Thanks. I needed that.

OOC

OOC[/quote]

THAT was seriously funny :bravo:[/quote]

Thanks. I needed that.

OOC[/quote]

Me too!! :help: