The Coffee Thread

Haha… right you are. I remember it bothered me a little the day I wrote that, but not enough to realize it was wrong. Even now when I write bei-zi this keeps coming up 被子 instead of 杯子.

The cashier was probably thinking, “Why does this foreigner keep asking for a blanket? I thought foreigners weren’t afraid of cool temperatures.”

1 Like

Sounds like every experience I have ever had in Taiwan, ever :smile:

Reminds me of my first and only visit to London. The guy at the kiosk was probably pretending to wonder why the tourist wanted a shitty mop. The typical things tourists need when coming out from the airport, you know.

You are Italian right? Do you take your espresso with sugar?

Why did the tourist want a shitty mop? :thinking:

A city map…

Similar problem to your cup or blanket, or dumplings or sleep.

2 Likes

Yep, I’m Italian.

Never with sugar, only if the coffee is utter garbage. There is a say it has to be bitter like life.

3 Likes

Amen to that.

2 Likes

I get my sugar from my… fond interest in desserts haha

1 Like

another very nice small coffee joint is in Neihu, Dahu park MRT, very small, near the Dagouxi waterfront park. The name is A爸咖啡,only few seats at the counter, but the espresso there is good. Price is around 50NT for the espresso single.

3 Likes

:clap: :

Guy

1 Like

I remember when I used to prepare my latte with… honey :smiley:

It’s been a long while since I only drink latte with no sugar (leave alone honey). Americanos are watery and espressos kill me. Gotta love the silky texture and balance of a latte.

Have you had a Flat White? It’s smooth and velvety, a bit stronger than a latte, and it’s appearing in various coffee shops around Taipei. The most recent one I had was at Fika Fika.

1 Like

What the heck is that, and can I prepare it at home? xD

:+1:

I don’t have to take that crap from you.

1 Like

You take it from 7/11, which is worse.

3 Likes

Speaking of watery Americanos… is any of you out there, under the hundreds of liters per second that are falling from the sky? damn…

1 Like

It’s an Australian invention. Look it up. As an American I had no idea what it was until I went skiing in Japan one year. (Lots of Aussies go skiing there.) I ordered it one afternoon, and proceeded to order one every afternoon after that for the remainder of my ski trip.

1 Like