The Color Run Taiwan

Not sure if this is the right forum, but is anybody thinking on attending?
They will announce the date and location later today (2pm)

It would be cool if expats get together on a place afterwards for a drink.

I hear it’s not an official color run event and is being called “Color Me Rad” instead. Imagine that stuff in your lungs.

Hmm… Orange people again!

I want, I will, I shall

Here’s some info on the subject, is actually 3 events.

Is 7/26 sign up day? (limited chinese) When/where/how can we sign up?

Isn’t this just ripped off from that Indian festival? I read through their website and they didn’t seem to admit this.

Im getting old, I don’t see the point of running 5km and then throwing powder at each other.

Should be doing the Taipei one. Then if it’s fun, maybe the ks one too.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

[quote=“headhonchoII”]Isn’t this just ripped off from that Indian festival? I read through their website and they didn’t seem to admit this.

Im getting old, I don’t see the point of running 5km and then throwing powder at each other.[/quote]

It is similar to Holi, but then again not a lot of people know what Holi is. The powder chucking is the same concept. The Color run that I went to had powder canons every 1 km. So 5 colours in all and a huge rave type disco gig at the finish line.

I think the point is to just get our lazy asses out there and have some fun :slight_smile:

Yeah I’m too old for fun. :slight_smile:

How do I sign up?

All for having fun, but I like to suffer first. There’s not much of that in a 5km :2cents:.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]Isn’t this just ripped off from that Indian festival? I read through their website and they didn’t seem to admit this.
Im getting old, I don’t see the point of running 5km and then throwing powder at each other.[/quote]

It’s pretty similar to throwing water balloons at each other… nothing is fun if you try to look into the “point” of it IMO :wink:

Yeah but I thought this was a fun idea when I was about 11 years old.

I went to Holi.

SERIOUSLY, HOW DO I GET THIS SHIT OUT OF MY EYEBROWS? I have to do a thing in front of the dean in three hours. Four showers. The pink dye has bonded to my skin in some sort of biochemical fusion process that I don’t understand and my eyebrows are dyed green. I look like the Cookie Monster meets a British tourist in Benidorm. The guy I have to present with was also there and it all washed off him.

Flob, I come to you as a supplicant. I need your combined wisdom.

We need a photo first.

Humph. Already done the presentation. Ermintrude looks like t*** in front of the dean, part 974. It’s fading. Still pink, but it looks less ‘angry’.

Lots of clothing factories where I live. I suspect that someone had a consignment of knicker dye that fell off the back of a lorry.