The Complete Calvin and Hobbes (Hardcover)

ucomics.com/calvinandhobbes/

This is a public service announcement for anyone (wo)man enough to buy it (and let me come over and read it) :smiley:

I might actually have about a third of that thing here with me in misc. books.

Man, I might just go ahead and buy it myself. Lots of cool stuffs and links on Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_and_Hobbes

Going through the list of books on the bottom, thereā€™s only one book I never at one time had (but a friend did). Guess I wouldnā€™t be seeing much new material then (which isnā€™t a problem at all).

I think I saw it at Page One.

That looks pretty sweet. I get a kick out of using Calvin and Hobbes for classes. Sometimes complete, with higher level students, sometimes with the dialogue blanked out for lower level students. Of course, photocopying those thick volumes might be difficult, but if so[color=blue]me[/color]one might have all of Calvin and Hobbes on cdā€“though I have no idea where you might get thatā€“itā€™d be cool. If that person were willing to let othersā€“ahemā€“borrow a cd for a very long time, in exchange for a brew or shot of fine scotch, or for say, the exchange of an audio book, thatā€™d be cool too.

:drool:

A bilingual Calvin and Hobbes book was just published here last month:
Thereā€™s Treasure Everywhere
Homicidal Jungle Cat is coming in a few weeks.

[quote=ā€œbearded magmaā€]A bilingual Calvin and Hobbes book was just published here last month:
Thereā€™s Treasure Everywhere
Homicidal Jungle Cat is coming in a few weeks.[/quote]
Sweet! I should pick that one up. Reading them in another language would be fun.

Whereā€™s ā€˜Calvin and Hobbesā€™ creator?

This is an interesting article on the guy who hasnā€™t made a public appearance for the last 15 years.

I saw this one at Costco this week. 3,450NT
A little steep.

Steep?! How dare you, sir! Are you a heathen? Itā€™s a Calvin and Hobbes! :noway:

Iā€™m as big of a Calvin and Hobes fan as the rest of you all, but Iā€™ve got to say the Watterson is really milking his fans. Heā€™s released and re-released those comics so many times. First in those smaller books with three daily strips per page, then those boutique books with two daily strips per page, several greatest hits compilations, and then finally the complete edition. No wonder he can get all sanctimonious about not licensing out Calvin to advertisers; heā€™s sold each strip several times over. (But then again, Iā€™d be pissed off as well if every redneck and frat boy had ripped off my artwork to show their disdain for Chevy or how tipsy they get when they drink.)