The completely useless obvious advice thread

Its a play on Orwell’s “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others”. The usage of American to mean pan-American is quite rare these days.

1 Like

I think the people of Tierra del Fuego, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nunavut, and Alaska are extremely American.

1 Like

Only because the yankees spread their weird and egotistical view on it and langue use.

I think that word may be jesus80’s Niagara Falls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdGzugQIBKk

1 Like

I heard from a Newfie that Labrador is lawless. People get killed there and police don’t go to some parts according to the Newfie.

Did you know people who aren’t American call all of us Yanks, Yankee Doodles… Inside the US, we call people from the northeast Yankees. And the people who take over Florida in the winter are the snowbirds. You can spot a Yank on the beach. They are the ones not wearing sunscreen and sustaining 3rd degree sunburns.

1 Like

Tis true. Not limited to the Americas though.

I’m sorry, @Aikaili, I was just goofing around. I meant that Newfoundland and Labrador and those other places are all at geographical extremes of the Americas.

Yes, I think much of the world thinks of us as Yankees, Yanquis, or Yanks.

That’s fine. I never thought of Canadians as Yanks. Hmm…But I guess anyone who’s people originally came from Europe might be one.

1 Like

Including Spanish ppl like @mad_masala?

I’m Taiwanese.

1 Like

Yes @mad_masala is a Yankee Doodle.

1 Like

Guess us Brits don’t know our fifty flavours of yanks. North South, East or West, white, brown, black, or orange, if you are American you are a yank.

Don’t anyone tell me you don’t have orange Americans.

He’s just against using it exclusively to refer to Usanians. (My view is on record.)

Cross post :slight_smile:

Funny Pictures 2018

I found this quite useless and obvious…

1 Like

2 Likes

If you’re an ocelot…context is everything.

2 Likes

Are you claiming that the advice is useful, or it is not obvious?

Yes. :sunglasses:

Ah…, if that is useful or not obvious, mod would take care of it.