The completely useless obvious advice thread

This exact same story goes around every few years, I first heard it in the early 90s.
Nothing against @shiadoa, it certainly looks legit, but I’m pretty sure it’s an urban myth.

3 Likes

Yeah, could be . I was just puzzled :smirk:just a possibility that it was genuine .

I have a Taiwan female friend who is divorced. They almost always only had anal sex during over 1 year of marriage.

After they divorced, he admitted to his family that he was gay and now he’s with a man.

It was one of those arranged marriages where the families get together and decided the couple would be a good match.

1 Like

Uhhh, I don’t think the gay thing works that way…

I have no female friends telling me those intimate things here in Taiwan.

2 Likes

I’m just reporting the details but you’re welcome to educate on how the gay thing works.

It was quite bizarre because neither of them really wanted to get married to each other but they were following their families wishes. It all happened right after University.

Is Bear-Who-Washes accusing both QQ and the 贵阳晚报 of publishing fake news? :astonished:

You wouldn’t think you could fool a whole village and news crew into mistaking a sex toy for a rare, super-expensive mushroom, but that also happened, a few years ago. :hushed:

Oh, and this. :no_mouth:

(Yes, the source is Men’s Health, not a scientific journal. However, the doctor is real, and so is the medical condition.)

I’m just saying I’ve heard the exact same tale numerous times for a couple decades now.
Always China
Always a couple going to the doctor after a year or two of tryin to get pregnant
And always presented as smirking proof of how backwards them squinky-eyed commies are.

It apparently worked that way for him …

Nah, sometimes it’s rednecks, or rubes in Romania. I guess most of the “my doctor told me” stories are just urban myths, but it probably does happen. Farm animals are sometimes culled because they can’t figure out how to insert peg B into hole A, so I guess the same thing happens to humans occasionally.

There is no sign of the story in the paper that you mention, searched for the city they quoted too:
http://www.gywb.com.cn/xinwen/node_10356.htm

However it does appear in several British tabloids. Unless there is a trustworthy source I’d assume its fake. And Id assume that the ones publishing it are the ones that actually published it.

ugg, I replied to the wrong poster, sheesh

Sorry, are you saying I didn’t hear what I said I heard??

Cool anagram.

1 Like

Just saying one swallow doesn’t make a summer. And you can stop sniggering at the back there.

I’ve seen the same story in British magazines (we have about half-a-dozen, typically sold in supermarkets, that thrive on stuff like that) and on clickbait websites. There are 6 billion non-Chinese people who are equally good targets for mockery.

:whale::whale::whale: Thar she blows…

1 Like

Apparently QQ was the source for those British tabloids (translating Chinese news Kman style!). It may have been reported by the GYWB but later deleted, either because it turned out to be a prank or act of sabotage by a disgruntled staff member or because someone decided it should be deleted anyway. :idunno:

I’ve been hearing since 2000 that Americans are wacky enough to elect Donald Trump as their president, but – oh, wait. :doh:

2 Likes

I’m sorry. You don’t know what you are missing.

I’d take the Simpsons over a tabloid any day of the week though. K-man would be pretty typical of it, at the more high brow and verifiable end of the spectrum. Seriously. In any case the story reeks of, oh how are we going to fill this page? oh how about a ridiculous story from China involving stupidity and anal sex, oh perfect lets have that then.

Getting back on topic, here’s today’s completely useless, obvious advice: if you don’t know what you aren’t doing, you don’t know what you’re missing. :idunno:

1 Like

Even if you use chopsticks to eat sushi in the end your fingers still smell like sushi.

Is this a euphemism for something?