The Costco Thread (2006)

ewwww
You can have the peanut butter. It’s crunchy. (Or at least it used to be.)

hey their cabernet sauvignon carmenere is good and cheap too.

I loooove Costco but when I was living by myself, the bulk size was a bit too much for me (except toilet paper…) I always end up throwing stuff away too, to make more room for my NEW costco purchases…

maybe I should go w/ someone and split everything…

At the Neihu store, I just noticed that they have some good recreation and camping stuff at the moment.

• Lightweight sleeping bags (Columbia)
  • Dive mask/snorkel/fin set with carrying bag (U.S. Divers)
  • Hydration systems (Camelbak)
  • Other stuff (can’t remember, was in a hurry)

hey their cabernet sauvignon carmenere is good and cheap too.[/quote]
I got a California Zinfandel because it was so pretty. I might not even drink it. I remember I used to have a glass or two whenever I went to the horse races. Then I got one of the 800NT Chilean wines because the wine tasting girl was kind of cute. I tasted an Australian Reisling but it was very sweet.

Swim diapers, finally and pancetta which I kept seeing in recipes but had no idea what it was until recently.

Really. Can you buy less than a hundredweight at a time? I haven’t been there for ages but maybe its time to make a trip.

Pancetta!

Ooops sorry, i just checked the labe and it’s prosciutto :blush: Now I really don’t know what to do with it.

Wrap it round little bits of cheese and eat it. Or put it in a quiche. Or a salad. just eat it. Or give it to me and I’ll eat it. :wink:

It’s already in Mozzarella so just cut it up and serve it? damn it’s not what I thought it was. I don’t even like ham :frowning:

Hell yeah. Throw it on a plate with some olives and raw bell peppers and suchlike and as David Bowie sang, snack, baby, snack!

Hey hey! You have a Food Forum, sandman! What’s this talk of food in Living?

I canny move it though, hen – Ah amny the mod here, ken?

The diving gear sounds OK.

What I miss there is tomato concentrate for making pasta.

They rock for cheese magarine etc.

Portion sizes are too big for me but I have a freezer, which is where I keep bagels, coffee, and shredded cheese.

Hello All,

Just wondering if I can use my Canadian Costco Membership Card when i get to Taipei or will I need to re-apply?

Thanks!

Carlos

[quote=“cdnmagic”]Hello All,

Just wondering if I can use my Canadian Costco Membership Card when I get to Taipei or will I need to re-apply?

Thanks!

Carlos[/quote]

I used my Taiwan membership while on a visit back home. The cards are supposedly good for any Costco, anywhere. I think you’ll be ok for the duration of your current membership. You’ll have to get a local one when your Canadian one expires, though.

[quote=“cdnmagic”]Hello All,

Just wondering if I can use my Canadian Costco Membership Card when I get to Taipei or will I need to re-apply?

Thanks!

Carlos[/quote]

I’ve used my US costco card in Taiwan and it works just fine.

for anyone who goes out to the neihu costco from out here in the sticks, may i suggest trying chung hu … someone showed me how to get there last week via the #3 freeway. it takes a little less time to reach, and the selection is more varied. the set-up is also far closer to that of back home, if that matters to you.

and a quick plug for their birthday cakes … excellent and CHEAP! a whole sheet cake, measuring about 60x40 cm, went for $5-600NT, a far cry from those lousy little round cakes which can go for 600 NT plus. if you’re having a bunch of people over for a birthday (our little guy just hit one year old), then grab one.

You saw this?: “Hungry? Just roast some pancetta and cherry tomatoes, put the spaghetti on to cook, and dig in!” :s :astonished: :loco: :wtf:

Costco cost me some dough yesterday. :astonished:

but got Simpsons season 7; tuna fish snack packs, turkey jerky for the bike trip saturday, flowers for the wife, a pair of blue friggin jeans, big ass jar of mushrooms, frozen potato wedges, mac and cheese, german hottun dogguns, bagels 3 bags, two immediately went into the freezer, chips, salsa…and other school related stuff

the look on my face when the total was rung up: priceless

jds on the way home: penniless.