The Costco Thread (2009)

Do you guys think tomorrow Costco NeiHu will be packed as well?

Rats. I really need to go there to get an specific sauce -AFAIK, not found anywhere else- and I dread it.

Igorveni, the place was a nut house since last week. I’d reccommend going to Xizhi. But then again, you never know. Maybe there will be a nice surprise. I was watching the news and traffic yesterday was fluid as water -Miracle! Maybe you will have a pleasant surprise -that is what I am telling myself.

This coming from someone who got talked into Dihua Street yesterday. :smiley:

My guess is that going anytime before 4pm would be nuts. It should be very quiet after 6*, though. :wink:

[color=#80BFBF]

*But you won’t be able to buy anything.
[/color]

Say goodbye to good old regular cheese pizza at Costco. No longer available. In it’s place? Peking Duck pizza! :cry:

The tantalizing choices for pizza at Costco are now this new abomination, Hawaiian for the pineapple pizza lovers and seafood for the squid pizza fans (em, yummy). :unamused:

Those bastards at Costco are like drug dealers. They get you hooked on a product and then yank it on you and substitute some local crap (see previous sausage complaints). :fume:

:notworthy:

Indeed, I tried the so called pecking duck pizza last time and well, sure, it has a pizza base, but the rest of it is just…
Can we please have the pepperoni pizza back? Yes it’s greasy, it’s cheesy and it’s bad for you, but it’s not meant to be healthy!

Don’t they have a suggestion box? How bout we all make an effort to drop a note in each time we go, asking for it back?

Anyone buying carrots from Costco should open the bag after check-out, but before leaving the store, to ensure they are fresh.

We’ve always bought our carrots at Costco, but on the last 2 occasions there was a type of rot among several of the carrots. Looks like a white fungus … we’d never seen carrots go bad before, so took us by surprise. Anyway, we’ve since found fresher, and cheaper carrots at our local fresh market …

Xizhi Costco has been without veggie and salmon burgers forever…I DIE here without those…

Weren’t you complaining about being too thin. You gotta beef up a bit, girl.

While we’re at it, what about that amazing pesto pizza they yanked (which was replaced by the boring cheese pizza which in turn was replaced by peking duck pizza)…

Weren’t you complaining about being too thin. You gotta beef up a bit, girl.[/quote]

Yup, till I get stuck behind a bunch of chickens stuffed inside cages on the back of a blue truck and I swear to never eat meat again.

I found one of those large 6 person cans of Campbell’s Clam Chowder in my cupboard today, dated JUL 2006. I’d hate to just throw it out. Is it safe to eat? Do canned goods including soup actually go bad?

Open it and check. I’ve eaten tinned stuff that’s been 10-15 years out of date, that was the regular faire in the army and no-one really suffered.

The Gracia 2008 Cabernet Carmenere is pretty good

In Neihu at least they now have Beijing Duck style pizza (at the regular pizza counter) at the regular prices. I picked up a whole one for NT$300 the other day, ate some and have the remainder in the freezer. In fact, that may be my lunch today. :lick:

Sure wish they’d bring back the pesto pizza. That was most excellent.
I filled the suggestions sheet for their little box.

pppsssttt!

A little inside information for you cheese pizza lovers (or Beijing Duck/Hawaiian, Seafood despisers) like me. Unbeknownst to me, and almost anyone else I suspect, Cheese pizzas are still available at Costco. The trick is that you have to ask for it specifically at the counter as they don’t advertise it. Also it is sold by the whole pizza only, not slices.

I only discovered it last week when one of my students in my speech class gave a presentation on the advantages of shopping at Costco, as she is an employee there. I buttonholed her after class and asked her who I could complain to about the loss of cheese pizza. She then informed me about its availability. (Needless to say she got extra points for this information :slight_smile: .)

I tested this a few days ago at the Chungho branch and I happily went home with a fresh cheese pizza, most of which is still in my freezer, the best substiture for frozen pizza on the island.

I don’t know if this will work at the other branches but I assume it does. So rock up to the counter and get your plain cheese pizzas if you are so inclined like me.

[quote=“Dark Horse”]pppsssttt!

A little inside information for you cheese pizza lovers (or Beijing Duck/Hawaiian, Seafood despisers) like me. Unbeknownst to me, and almost anyone else I suspect, Cheese pizzas are still available at Costco. The trick is that you have to ask for it specifically at the counter as they don’t advertise it. Also it is sold by the whole pizza only, not slices.

I only discovered it last week when one of my students in my speech class gave a presentation on the advantages of shopping at Costco, as she is an employee there. I buttonholed her after class and asked her who I could complain to about the loss of cheese pizza. She then informed me about its availability. (Needless to say she got extra points for this information :slight_smile: .)

I tested this a few days ago at the Zhonghe branch and I happily went home with a fresh cheese pizza, most of which is still in my freezer, the best substiture for frozen pizza on the island.

I don’t know if this will work at the other branches but I assume it does. So rock up to the counter and get your plain cheese pizzas if you are so inclined like me.[/quote]

That’s wonderful. You’re my hero, and so is your student!

Thanks Dark Horse - a Gold Star for you student!
I picked up some of the frozen pesto pizzas. It was great fun trying to fit the box into my freezer.

edit: they are nothing spectacular.

Costco is very unreliable when trying to supply a business with product on a consistent basis. What do you tell customers when our supplier is not reliable? :loco: