The COVID humbug thread (2021 edition)

Stats in the UK.

This is the way it is controlled. I would not trust these ‘common purpose’ gophers to tell me the time in a room full of clocks.:

More fake news:

2 Likes

If that were actually true, and given that nobody in November 2020 had been vaccinated while 60%+ are vaccinated in November 2021, wouldn’t the obvious conclusion be that vaccination is making things 14 times worse, and would therefore be best avoided like the, uh, plague?

It’s not necessarily the correct conclusion, but it’s no less illogical than the other random shite we’re being told to believe.

Alternatively, since hospital bed occupancy is presently about 15% COVID patients, the (incorrect) news report would suggest that only 1% of hospital beds were occupied by COVID patients last year, just at the point the UK government was screaming about an unavoidable cancellation of Christmas to protect the NHS.

In other words, it would be really amusing if the media weren’t just lying (again).

EDIT: LOL, according the Twitter responses, it seems the media are comparing with August figures - COVID had basically disappeared during the summer, despite a conspicuous absence of vaccines.

1 Like

What’s weird is I’ve had four jabs in the last seven months – three Pfizer jabs and a flu shot – and haven’t felt a thing. And on top of that I haven’t had so much as a sniffle in the last twenty months. What gives???

Funnily enough, neither have I. Those vaccines must be so good that they even protect the unvaccinated.

2 Likes

I suspect it’s the masks as I’ve only been vaccinated for seven months.

I suspect it’s the fact that I’m pretty healthy for an old codger and can’t remember the last time I had a dose of the lurgy.

1 Like

I was at a pretty crowded bar tonight, standing outside talking/drinking with several people (there were maybe 15-20 people outside in total, but fairly well spaced out).

At some point the police arrived and told us we either had to put on masks if staying outside, or go join the crowd inside if we didn’t want to. :thinking:

1 Like

Just reading through the Daily Skeptic report about the ONS. I notice one of the commenters mentions absolute risk reduction (which I’ve been banging on about for a while on forumosa, to the sound of tumbleweed rolling past). I don’t think I’ve ever heard any government official mention COVID risk, or vaccine risk/benefit tradeoffs, with reference to absolute risk of death. Everything sounds more interesting when you talk about relative risk.

This is in Taiwan?

What did you choose?

Yes, in Taipei around midnight or so. We put on masks for a bit then went inside to join the maskless crowd, as we still had beers in our hands to drink. Got to follow the rules! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I was in Taiwan until this past March. It was strange indeed being in a crowded bar in Taipei with no one wearing a mask while the rest of the world was on fire. Where I’m at now though around 1500 people a day are coming down with Covid and dozens dying in a population much smaller than Taiwan’s. It’s this environment where I think wearing a mask has paid off the most.

From the $2.3 billion fined company. Looks like they view their non controlled group as buffoons:

1 Like

They’d better hope that science doesn’t win, because if it does a lot of those cnuts are going to jail.

1 Like

ackwards bass logic
:laughing:

2 Likes

Pfizer and Moderna should be going to Guantanamo, not jail. Deliberately trying to create mutant viruses is bioterrorism.

Okay, explain this please (leaving aside Finley’s point that young people are the least likely to get covid in the first place).

Scenario 1: No jab, yes covid, yes cardiac symptoms.

So, you have symptomatic covid (because obviously asymptomatic covid doesn’t cause cardiac symptoms, since they’re… symptoms, after all), and it’s so symptomatic that it puts you at increased risk of myocarditis, cardiac arrest, etc. when you overexert yourself. Okay, do the cardiac symptoms come on suddenly, from zero to 911 in minutes? Or do you first have symptoms loud and clear enough that you know you’re sick and should stay home and rest (or get sent home if you go to your practice/game despite knowing better) instead of overexerting yourself?

Scenario 2: Yes jab, no covid, yes cardiac symptoms.

They tell you to stay for 15 minutes after the jab, just in case. You probably don’t have a practice/game scheduled for those 15 minutes. You probably don’t get cardiac symptoms in those 15 minutes either. Then you’re officially good to go, right? Say you have a game/practice within the next few days. You’re officially not supposed to worry, despite being at increased risk of cardiac symptoms. So now, compared to scenario 1, how fast do the cardiac symptoms come on?

Scenario 3: Yes jab, yes covid, yes cardiac symptoms.

If you have covid despite keeping your vaxport up to date, you probably have milder symptoms than you would without the jabs, so you are less likely to realize or even suspect that you have covid. Compared to scenarios 1 and 2, how fast do the cardiac symptoms come on?

It’s funny how these things work. Killing three or four people with a bomb is terrorism. Terrorizing a few billion people is politics.

FWIW I’m not sure if Pfizer et al are deliberately trying to create mutant viruses. I think they’re just so far up their own colons (egged on by politicians assuring them they can do no wrong, and if they do they’ll have their backs covered) that they simply don’t care. It’s fun to invent stuff like this. What it does to people or the planet is largely irrelevant. You could make similar observations about other excrescences of civilisation such as pesticides or junk food, which (according to the manufacturers) are actually miraculous products that will save the world.

Perhaps also worth adding to that: people are still having probes stuck up their noses at frequent intervals, and in many countries you can get tested on demand if you suspect you might have the lurgy. So in reality the chances of someone overexerting themselves with COVID are correspondingly reduced. Conversely, people who have been vaxed are often excused from such onerous procedures and/or are encouraged to think of themselves as invulnerable.

The fact remains that there was no epidemic of athletes dying of heart attacks during the first 12 months of the pandemic when there was lots of COVID but no vaccines (AFAIK - @slawa can correct me if I’m wrong). Yes, it’s a thing - they do very occasionally collapse and die of overexertion - but it’s pretty damn rare.

2 Likes

Interesting
Jabbed cannot donate convalescent plasma according to this:

Shortage of blood donations. Just another disastrous after-effect of COVID-19 that mandaters didn’t realize would happen.

That’s not what the Red Cross is saying.

Q: I’ve heard claims that the Red Cross refuses to accept convalescent plasma from individuals who have received a COVID-19 vaccine because it wipes out the antibodies. Is this true?

A: There are claims circulating that incorrectly state that the Red Cross will not accept convalescent plasma donations from those who have received the COVID-19 vaccine because “the vaccine wipes out those antibodies making the convalescent plasma ineffective in treating other COVID-19 patients.” This is not accurate.

Due to the decline in hospital demand and because the Red Cross and our industry partners have been able to build a sufficient supply of convalescent plasma to meet the foreseeable needs of COVID-19 patients the Red Cross stopped collecting convalescent plasma completely on June 14.