The COVID humbug thread (2021 edition)

A court case in Alberta:

1 Like

Another link:

1 Like

I know my boss is into Chinese medicine, as I’ve been in her office.

I also know, and teach, people in her inner circle. They are reasonable, and I could influence her through them, if I had to.

One day in May, my supervisor walked into my room, bouncing her tits slightly, and asking me, slightly sultrily, if I was going to take the vaccine. I was tempted to say, “I’ll take the vaccine if you let me ____ ___ _____.” But I didn’t.

We then continued to debate the merits of the vaccine. I said I was worried about side-effects, she said “me too”. She seemed a little unsure. I then said that birth defects is one of the major concerns. She said ‘yes, I know… I’ve read about that.’

I’ve seen the colour drain out of their faces when birth defects are mentioned. It can’t be much fun for them either. I think they are pushed by forces unknown. Imagine if you had to flog vaccines to your colleagues and family.

The key is to stay grounded, and don’t get adversarial with them. Try and emphasize you are worried for everyone. Which is kind of true.

2 Likes

Good stuff. It sounds like you’ve got a way with people. Hope some more bouncy stuff results from your continued efforts :slight_smile:

The ‘birth defects’ thing sounds like a definite win. You’re right, of course, that there are a lot of people who are a bit worried about all this but are too afraid to speak up. You have to do a bit of a dance around the subject to find out who they are. And if they’re already pretty much there, you’re golden.

Good luck, I think many have a plan similar to yours.

As for (D), you might need to amend it, because you now need to be vaccinated to enter Indonesia. Asia is a bit of a mess at the moment.

I have a question. Does anybody know if it is actually legal for an employer or the government to compel a vaccination for a teacher?

A week ago there was an article in the media saying it was illegal for employers of migrant workers to force vaccination:

Is this also the case for teachers, and on what law, or basis is this?

I’m a teacher. When I asked my boss, they told me it was definitely not mandatory.

Given that the government(?) said schools need 80%(?) or 100%(?) vaccination rates (according to the media statements), is it that they cannot open without meeting those ratios, such that its not ‘mandatory’ but if they don’t achieve those numbers they’re not allowed to open? That’s my understanding, but it doesn’t seem very clear to me.

I’m also wondering if its not mandatory because its not actually legal to do so? In which case the other poster here can simply say to his school its not legal to mandate or coerce staff to be vaccinated.

its kinder’s requirement

I don’t believe it is legal to force anyone to take the jab. Hence, not mandatory.

Of course, we are all also meant to understand that they’ll make your life practically impossible to enjoy if we don’t.

2 Likes

OK, so it seems its probably not legal to mandate a vaccine (although I don’t know the specific law), but they can say a school can’t open if it doesn’t meet those levels.

At the moment it seems either way they’re going to make our life practically impossible to enjoy and that even with very high vaccination rates, all of the rubbish that is going on is only going to intensify and get worse, until enough people say ‘no’.

Its what the people who are getting the vaccines just so their life will return to ‘normal’ don’t quite understand… there’s no plan for things to ever go back to that kind of ‘normal’.

2 Likes

There’s a few people repeating that message.

Time will tell, I guess.

3 Likes

To paraphrase psychopath Klaus Schwab from the WEF. Going back to the old normal is ‘fiction’.

More cooking the books:
https://twitter.com/Idonotconsent6/status/1422846196981374976

Said it before and I’ll say it again, they are coming for the kids.

1 Like

Delete. Not going to waste my time anymore

Quoting from article linked below:

The situation in Peru

"In a nation of just over 32 million people, official records have Covid-19 deaths at 180,000. It gives the country the highest Covid death rate per head of population in the world.

However, the criteria for determining a death from coronavirus has changed, bringing that figure up.

Previously, a Covid death was only recorded with a positive test. But in a country with a large number of people living in poverty and with a stretched health system, this led to a lot of under-reporting.

Looking at the increase of deaths year on year, there were 150 per cent more deaths than expected, despite this figure not being reflected in coronavirus statistics.

So the government changed the criteria, counting a Covid-19 death as any which took place within 60 days of a positive test, or if coronavirus was suspected as the reason for death, thus raising the figures to what is probably a more realistic number." :face_with_monocle:

I only lose sleep at night wondering what the feck TPTB are playing at.

Look, I know COVID is a thing. I know there are plenty of Americans who, largely due to their own poor life choices, have ended up in the ER. I know the American health service is probably in an even worse state than the British equivalent and may be maxed out with a relatively minor increase in disease; hospitals do tend to run like that, for the same reason that industrial plant often runs 24-7 : it’s too expensive to leave stuff idle.

But what the numbers tell me is that, whatever Americans (or anybody else) might be dying of today, it generally isn’t COVID. It’s heart disease, cancer, strokes, and all the usual things that they died of in 2019. And those few who are dying of COVID have no solution available to them: they are either at the end of their lives, or they have shown no interest in improving their general health, despite (no doubt) warnings from their doctors and family. So none of my “tirades” impact upon them at all. Nor, in fact, do yours. They will die regardless.

What I’m mostly railing against here is (a) the idea that we should all be forced to take a vaccine, whether we need it or not; and (b) that absolutely everything should be shut down, spun around, masked up, or disinfected, with the completely hypothetical goal of “saving lives”. I believe there are many things that can be done to save lives, with relatively little investment. Restructuring all of society to obsess over COVID is not one of those things.

2 Likes

So that is coercion, not forcing/mandatory.

They’re very good at walking the consent tightrope.

Good to hear your boss is on your side.

Yep. ‘Coercion.’ So far anyway.

But it’s quickly changing to ‘mandatory.’ In the United States, more than 600 institutions of higher education are requiring students to be vaccinated to return to campus this fall.

In Canada, Seneca College in Ontario is making vaccination mandatory for anyone attending campus. The University of Ottawa students living on campus to be vaccinated.

The University of Toronto has announced that in addition to requiring vaccination for students living in residence, it will “require students, faculty, staff and librarians who participate in activities that carry a higher risk of COVID-19 transmission to be vaccinated — and require all community members to self-declare their vaccination status” on an online platform.

Link