The CSB culpability (or not) thread

Er, sorry, this is a Taiwan-related forum. The Do Not Criticise The Leaders thread must be in some PRC forum or other. Enjoy.[/quote]
Unaware how poking fun with the mischievious intend to made a mockery of a President turns out to "Do Not criticize’?
–[/quote]
Making a mockery? It’s the Greaseball who makes a mockery of himself, beebee, every time he’s foolish enough to open his mouth. We’re not making fun – we’re just stating the obvious. The man’s a clown. Nothing wrong with that, of course – if you’re just a third-rate maritime lawyer with a crappy degree from Taida. If you’re supposed to a president, though, then its a very big problem indeed.

for 20 seconds i had forgotten why i stopped coming to the taiwan politics thread… its full of half baked analysis and foreigners espousing ‘expertise’ in the matter.

well, to each his own… don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out… :unamused:

well, to each his own… don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out… :unamused:[/quote]

hadnt heard that one before… almost as original as said analysis on this forum… :rainbow:

I’m not a foreigner. I’m from Scotland. Its all you other folk that are foreigners. And I’ve been paid to read, listen to and regurgitate pretty much whatever’s come out of the Greaseball’s mouth since Lee Teng-hui first came to power. So yeah, I guess I have some “expertise.” Slightly more than half-baked, too, in my ever-so-humble opinion. :wink:

Or maybe AWOL should go to Trad.CHinese forums, there he won’t find furreiners and afiliated personnel ranting about Taiwan… Just keep in mind that as most Taiwanese never have to face an official from the BOCA, MOFA, CLA or whatever, they will never understand our pain. And for sure if you never read any official document or whatever on the street that is in english, you will never find a certain level of regurgitation or histerya that furreiners ocasionally do have.

insert rolls eyes emoticon ad nauseum

we ALL need to get over ourselves. the way i view politics in taiwan is purely from a “why do you support A, B or C”… usually the reasons are pretty different. i go for the one that doesnt involve $

[quote=“AWOL”]insert rolls eyes emoticon ad nauseum

we ALL need to get over ourselves. the way i view politics in Taiwan is purely from a “why do you support A, B or C”… usually the reasons are pretty different. I go for the one that doesnt involve $[/quote]

Jesus we’ve got to talk about something.

Hmmm. Hey, I know. The airconditioning in my office appears to be on the blink. Sometimes it’s really cold, and sometimes it’s really hot. I got a new 17-inch screen today. It’s a Samsung. Er, politcs… er… what about the single transferable vote…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No good. Hey, isn’t [insert name of politician] a complete dork?

If we get rid of CSB and put someone who will get us direct flights to Shanghai in under an hour it will be worth a million NT to me. That’s my main interest in Taiwanese politics.

[quote=“phibert”][quote=“ShrimpCrackers”][quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“Hobart”]especially when it is working in your favor as it is with the Pro-Unificationist crowd.
[/quote]

:no-no: Please don’t label me with that word :fume: It most certainly does not describe my political views accurately.[/quote]

I have to admit that I too confuse you with that group occasionally, because like that group, your posts…

a) are almost always negative about anything about Taiwan unless there is sarcasm involved
b) always relate that practically everyone you meet except for Soong, Lien, or any of the pan Blues either suck or are stupid
c) always ratting on the pan Greens doesn’t matter how small it is
d) practically never suggesting anything positive or constructive on what could be done to help Taiwan.

although…

e) you don’t often join in on the CCP/PanBlue “Post Tag Team” in which we see like 6 posts, with the mandatory reposts to follow up half the threads here.

So yeah, if a few people here think you’re unificationist, then boo hoo. I mean when was the last time we saw a positive post about Taiwan posted from our Chinese Communist Party or Pan Blue friends?[/quote]

Anyway

You are confused, again…

What does it mean to post something “negative” about Taiwan?
According to you anything not excessively green or pro-independence is anti-Taiwan, CCP, pan-red, CCP agent, communist or whatever garbage phrases you think of.

Since you haven’t noticed, its not offensive to be labeled pro-China (or CCP for that matter), especially when its coming from you.[/quote]

Silly Philbert, I was responding to ChewyCorns. Are you really him? Why are you responding for him then?

Nono, I believe in constructive comments. I don’t think I’ve heard Chewy spit out a constructive comment about Taiwan other than gripe out pan-Greens all day… sort of like what you do.

And your phrases like “According to you anything not excessively green or pro-independence is anti-Taiwan, CCP, pan-red, CCP agent, communist or whatever garbage phrases you think of… Since you haven’t noticed, its not offensive to be labeled pro-China (or CCP for that matter), especially when its coming from you.” is exactly what I mean by not being constructive and is flaming or trolling.

Excessively green or pro-independence? Sorry man, I don’t think thats been reflected in my posts. Lets just say that I support reunification! I believe Taiwanese should be stamped out. The people of Taiwan should be unified with China for the glory of the Chinese race. Everyone knows that countries should be divided by race. Democracy is a sham too! Satisfied?

Sure, I’d be satisfied with:

• “Let’s just say that I support reunification”.
  • “The peopel of Taiwan should be unified with China for the glory of the Chinese race”.

I’ll even give you partial credit for:

• “democracy is a sham too!” I’ll certainly agree that some of the promised benefits of democracy are a sham.

That’s 2.5 outta 5. Not bad SC, you’re finally starting to see the light.

[quote=“cctang”][quote=“ShrimpCrackers”]
Lets just say that I support reunification! I believe Taiwanese should be stamped out. The people of Taiwan should be unified with China for the glory of the Chinese race. Everyone knows that countries should be divided by race. Democracy is a sham too![/i] Satisfied?
[/quote]
Sure, I’d be satisfied with:

• “Let’s just say that I support reunification”.
  • “The peopel of Taiwan should be unified with China for the glory of the Chinese race”.\

I’ll even give you partial credit for:

• “democracy is a sham too!” I’ll certainly agree that some of the promised benefits of democracy are a sham.

That’s 2.5 outta 5. Not bad SC, you’re finally starting to see the light.[/quote]
Lets go one step further, “the people of Europe should be unified with Germany for the glory of the Aryan race.”
If you can agree with that, I can agree with, “the people of Taiwan should be unified with China for the glory of the Chinese race”. After all, if were going to be racists, might as well not be hypocrites either.

Shrimp,

You didn’t do too well in the analogy section of the standardized exams did you.
Your statement should read:

the people of Germany should unify with the Roman Catholitic Church, Europe or [any entity larger than Germany] for the glory of [whatever] race…

[quote=“ShrimpCrackers”]
Lets go one step further, “the people of Europe should be unified with Germany for the glory of the Aryan race.”
[/quote]Well, can I make a couple modifications to your phrasing…?

How about… “the peoples of Europe should be united for the glory and mutual benefit of all.” Sounds a little bit like the motivation behind the European Union, all of a sudden.

[quote=“cctang”][quote=“ShrimpCrackers”]
[/quote]Well, can I make a couple modifications to your phrasing…?

How about… “the peoples of Europe should be united for the glory and mutual benefit of all.” Sounds a little bit like the motivation behind the European Union, all of a sudden.[/quote]
Then how come you don’t support an Asian Union that includes the Japan, South Korea, or any non Chinese with a strong requirement of satisfactory human rights and civil liberties?

I mean your desire for reunification for Chinese supremacy makes it a race issue, and it excludes everyone else.
This is why the Aryan race reunification analogy is absolutely fitting. It doesn’t include anyone who isn’t Aryan, just like your Chinese Supremacy doesn’t include any Non-Chinese.

Neither does Taiwanese supremacy include anyone who is not Taiwanese (howsoever defined).

Isn’t this way off topic?

“Supremacy” is your phrase, not mine. As it happens, most South Koreans and Japanese also happen to be intensely nationalistic. There isn’t much common ground for a shared nation hood. I don’t consider myself superior to Koreans or Japanese, just for your information. I just know what my identity is, and I know what their identities are.

We’re different peoples, but we’re similar in that we’re proud of who we are. There’s no shame in that.

Lord Lucan, you’re right, we’re embarassingly off-topic.

[quote=“cctang”]“Supremacy” is your phrase, not mine. As it happens, most South Koreans and Japanese also happen to be intensely nationalistic. There isn’t much common ground for a shared nation hood. I don’t consider myself superior to Koreans or Japanese, just for your information. I just know what my identity is, and I know what their identities are.

We’re different peoples, but we’re similar in that we’re proud of who we are. There’s no shame in that.

Lord Lucan, you’re right, we’re embarassingly off-topic.[/quote]
Identity is whatever that particular individual chooses it to be. The difference is you feel you have a right to choose the identity of other people.

BTW: Lucan, I don’t support any sort of racial superiority period.

Back on topic, Chen Shui Bian didn’t do anything wrong. Why he is supposed to be held accountable for accusations over what his son in law did is ludicrious and would be a dissapointment towards Taiwan’s democracy.

Maybe we should ask his son in law’s KMT father to step down from whatever he does for failing to be a good parent.

Well, the big question is:

Where was Chiu when Ma went to eat with the guys from the Fuban Bank? Why there aren’t 300 reporters at Ma’s door to “investigate” him? Why does it sound like the media is completelly forgetting about it? What are the prosecutors doing?

Also, the case of the Sogo vouchers started when political commentator Hu Chung-hsin (胡忠信) accused the president’s daughter, Chen Hsin-yu (陳幸妤), and her husband of using gift vouchers to buy items in Sogo department store. Hu said he based his accusation on a text message that a friend had sent to his mobile telephone. This is, by far, the biggest piece of journalist investigation I saw in my life.

Anyway, now they are saying that in the president himself used SOGO vouchers, a crime which is punishable by law up to 20 years in prison, or, in case of repeating, death penalty.

Also, offering SOGO vouchers in LNY or year-end parties is something that only the President Office would think about, isn’t it? And, making parties to the employees, that must be corruption. No one else does that, only the lucky guys in the Presidencial Office have that. A lottery with a prize of NT$60.000!!! Amazing! Don’t forget that that ammounts to a 10 year income for a normal Taiwanese officer.

CSB is not responsible for the actions of his son-in-law until proven otherwise. If we don’t accept that then all our spouting about rights and the rule of law is hypocrisy. The KMT needs to lay off that and focus on getting rid of CSB because he’s bad for the country, and making sure the police and judiciary do their jobs. If they’re going to start throwing mud around at random then one hell of a lot of it is going to stick to them. I think Taiwanese people have a sufficiently well developed sense of irony to be no more than sadly amused by the current pan-blue circus activities.

Aren’t there any adults involved in politics? Why do I get the impression I’m surrounded by overgrown five-year-olds in Taiwan?

You’re right about upholding rights and the rule of law, I just don’t see the KMT doing much of that unless they deem it somehow in their favor if they libel randomly. Meanwhile the fact that the KMT and PFP is glowering in a spin frenzy makes me wonder how effective Ma can be as a president if he cannot even reign in his own party.

Theres too much frustration. We’ve got the opposition party that has practically boycotted the government, simply because the people of Taiwan come second to a grudge that the Pan Greens holding the presidency. Then there is all these immature actions like food throwing and fighting which has made Taiwan infamous for its politics.

You know, heck, when I think about it, in my opinion, society in Taiwan just isn’t as progressive. It just needs time.

If it took 150+ years before America had Womans Suffrage, and nearly 100 to end slavery… I don’t think we’re doing that bad. Still, the world will not wait for us.