The CSB culpability (or not) thread

[quote=“Lord Lucan”] The KMT needs to lay off that and focus on getting rid of CSB because he’s bad for the country, and making sure the police and judiciary do their jobs.

… If they’re going to start throwing mud around at random then one hell of a lot of it is going to stick to them. [/quote]I’m not getting into the school-yard rhetoric of who started it… but just wanted to point out that the Greens have absolutely tried to sling their share of mud. Its most popular pressure point has been the KMT’s hoarding of Taiwanese state assets, and the DPP has done everything they can for the last 10 years to make this a national issue.

And despite what mr_boogie thinks, there are at least 300 pan-Green “journalists” in Taiwan that would love to camp on Ma or the KMT doorstep and find an equally compelling story about KMT corruption. The inconvenient truth is that no one controls the tempest (even if it’s in a teacup)… especially when you have profit-driven tabloids like Next and Apple stirring up the whole mess. The biased media can create a story, but the media can’t make it stay.

So, I understand if some of you, after careful/professional/objective evaluation of the facts, have come to the point where you think what CSB’s been accused of is hogwash. Quite possibly; I’m no more (or less) informed than any of you folks, and my opinion isn’t any more significant than yours. But ultimately, “the people” will decide.

If the KMT is really wasting time, then the Taiwanese will punish’em for it. And if the Taiwanese haven’t punished’em for it yet but instead continue to hand them a majority in the legislature… maybe the DPP will finally figure out the Taiwanese people aren’t exactly pleased with their governance, either.

[quote=“cctang”][quote=“Lord Lucan”] The KMT needs to lay off that and focus on getting rid of CSB because he’s bad for the country, and making sure the police and judiciary do their jobs.

… If they’re going to start throwing mud around at random then one hell of a lot of it is going to stick to them. [/quote]I’m not getting into the school-yard rhetoric of who started it… but just wanted to point out that the Greens have absolutely tried to sling their share of mud. Its most popular pressure point has been the KMT’s hoarding of Taiwanese state assets, and the DPP has done everything they can for the last 10 years to make this a national issue.

And despite what mr_boogie thinks, there are at least 300 pan-Green “journalists” in Taiwan that would love to camp on Ma or the KMT doorstep and find an equally compelling story about KMT corruption. The inconvenient truth is that no one controls the tempest (even if it’s in a teacup)… especially when you have profit-driven tabloids like Next and Apple stirring up the whole mess. The biased media can create a story, but the media can’t make it stay.

So, I understand if some of you, after careful/professional/objective evaluation of the facts, have come to the point where you think what CSB’s been accused of is hogwash. Quite possibly; I’m no more (or less) informed than any of you folks, and my opinion isn’t any more significant than yours. But ultimately, “the people” will decide.

If the KMT is really wasting time, then the Taiwanese will punish’em for it. And if the Taiwanese haven’t punished’em for it yet but instead continue to hand them a majority in the legislature… maybe the DPP will finally figure out the Taiwanese people aren’t exactly pleased with their governance, either.[/quote]

Weird, I almost totally agreed with CCTang on this one. I’m really dissapointed that the DPP wasn’t more proactive in doing their job. Despite burning bridges and creating chaos, do your word and crack down on corruption and other problems. Nope, not enough was done and communicated. I’m sure people worked hard but I mean…

…sometimes a thought popped into my mind; maybe they’re not doing anything to reform because its easier to just point at others rather than get down and dirty and duke it out. Maybe its not so easy with a judicial branch that does very little (heck why isn’t Chiu Yi being detained?).

So maybe Taiwan needs another party, a centrist party perhaps? As I care more about individuals than party, I can think of prominent individuals on both the Pan Greens and Pan Blue (KMT, DPP, and TSU) that are suitable for a centrist party.

The DPP’s biggest mistake is that they practically advertised themselves as incorruptable, and when that was proven as a myth, it ruined confidence and their image. Power attracts the corrupt like roaches.

What I don’t agree with, is that the Pan Blue have much more power over the media. In addition, no the KMT may not be punished. They were never punished over 228, white terror, etc, and likely not for this either.

The people who presided over 228/white terror are dead. What do you want to have done with the KMT for that? Disband it? Their punishment for being lethargic to respond to a particular segment of society was they got voted out of the executive office. Getting voted out is the ultimate punishment for any political party.

I think 228 is a straw man argument for CSB corruption scandal. The KMT allowed for a public investigation of 228 already. Has CSB allowed for a public investigation of the scandals involving him yet.

as far as I remember there is a public investigation going on about the SOGO case, no?

But he has stalled and road blocked all investigation with his immediate family.

what investigation are you talking about? The son-in-law one?

There was a prior investigation to his immediate family members. He stalled the investigation by 1 day. Who knows what his clan did with the extra 24 hours.

So they destroyed all the evidence, classified everything as a state secret and sent some thugs to care of the witnesses, at least…