The CSI Thread (Miami, LA, NY) - Schedules and Discussion

CSI NY: April 5 on AXN Philipines Dream SAT TV

Anyone know if this show is as good as CSI (Las Vegas) and CSI Miami? I saw in the show promo that the CSI: New York station chief is the actor Gary Senise!

It starts on April 5 and will only be shown on AXN Philipines, not the Taiwan one. The Dream Sat. TV AXN is even showing season 5 (current one in the USA) now of CSI (LV) while AXN Taiwan is still showing reruns of Season 2!

It’s pretty good, but has a totally different vibe than the other two (it’s much darker, and there’s less characterization in the first half of the season… it’s getting a lot better though). My wife, who LOVE the Las Vegas one, hate NY. She’s also a fan of Miami, but from season two onward.

Thanks for the review. I will be sure to be patient to wait for the second half of the season as I feel characterization is one of the strong points of Miami and LV that I like.

I saw the pilot and it is darker in the cinemaphotographical sense as well. While Vegas and Miami are depicted as bright sunny places with amazingly colorful nightshots, NYC is grim, grey and greasy.

I am looking forward to seeing more of it. If only I could find a satellite salesman that prides himself on customer service. :wink:

Seriously, I am this close (>?<) to buying one.

The exotic locales of Las Vegas and Miami are definitely part of the attraction for me to watch those series, as well as the characters and the visual style.
I’m not too sure about New York, though. Gazillions of movies and tv shows have already been shot there, are there still some places we haven’t seen?
I’ll still watch if I get an opportunity, though.
Just hope they’re not preparing CSI: Pittsburgh, CSI: Akron, CSI: Galveston …

But come on guys. You do know who Gary Sinese is right? That has to be a good sign. It is not going to be a prelude to CSI: DC or CSI: LA. They don’t seem to be saving money by making another franchise, they seem to be doing it right with Gary Sinese.

Gumper: Don’t worry about Jim, he is not that bad, just get the satellite installed. It is worth it. No one offers a better deal and Jim really knows what he is doing.

[quote=“Hobart”]

Gumper: Don’t worry about Jim, he is not that bad, just get the satellite installed. It is worth it. No one offers a better deal and Jim really knows what he is doing.[/quote]

No. I never was. Just giving him the gears. C’mon, I used a winkie.

This close means trying to pay off the Bali trip. It (satellite) has been re-prioritized and has landed above a new PC. But iPod still in the lead. Come on 4/5.

Jim, got a payment plan? Credit card?

Yep sure… you take a cash advance off your credit card… give the $$$ to me and pay it back monthly

oh. ok.

AXN-Taiwan will be showing season 5 of Las Vegas starting at the end of March I believe, after they do a full week run of season 3 (and, one would hope, season 4). There was an advert for it last night, with a little calendar of CSI events. I don’t remember if it mentioned NY or not.

The show is pretty good, I think it’s better than CSI: LA. I used to be a big fan of CSI: LA until the latest season when they split the group up. I agree with the others that NY is a lot darker than Miami and LA but I love the style!

You mean CSI:LV, don’t you?

You mean CSI:LV, don’t you?[/quote]

Yeah…it’s LV… silly me :loco: Why was I thinking about LA? LOL

For those of you with the Dream Satellite TV system CSI Season 5 begins tonight at 10pm followed by CSI NY Season 1 at 11pm on AXN :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Those of you with cable tv will not thave these shows on Taiwan AXN. :blush: :blush:

For more information go to www.axn-asia.com and click on the country guide. Dream TV is from the Philippines. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Some of todays schedule: :smiley: :smiley:

6:00 Gensomaden Saiyuki
6:30 Gensomaden Saiyuki
7:00 The Amazing Race (Season IV)
8:00 Alias (Season II)
9:00 COLD SQUAD (Season IV)
10:00 PENSACOLA (SEASON III) - Officers And Gentlemen
11:00 The Amazing Race (Season IV)
12:00 CSI: NEW YORK (SEASON 1)
13:00 Alias (Season II)
14:00 COLD SQUAD (Season IV)
15:00 The Amazing Race (Season VII)
16:00 Maximum Exposure (Season II)
17:00 Gensomaden Saiyuki
17:30 Gensomaden Saiyuki
18:00 PENSACOLA (SEASON III) - Tattoo
19:00 Alias (Season II)
20:00 The Amazing Race (Season VII)
22:00 CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (SEASON 5)
23:00 CSI: NEW YORK (SEASON 1)
0:00 The Amazing Race (Season VII)
2:00 FEAR FACTOR (SEASON V)
3:00 CSI: NEW YORK (SEASON 1)
4:00 ROCKFACE (SEASON II)
5:00 COLD SQUAD (Season IV)

We have been getting season 5 for about 3 weeks now. 2 episodes every Sunday (7-9) and Monday (9-11).

You are right about CSI NY tho. As yet, unavailable.

Alias season 2&3 are now on sale at BlockBuster.

Nip/Tuck is beginning tomorrow night on V/L (channel 70 in Mucha). It’ll be cut to shit (arr, arr), but still worth the effort.

Regular cable ain’t so bad. I’d probably keep it if I went satellite.

[quote=“The Gumper”]We have been getting season 5 for about 3 weeks now. 2 episodes every Sunday (7-9) and Monday (9-11).

You are right about CSI NY tho. As yet, unavailable.

Alias season 2&3 are now on sale at BlockBuster.

Nip/Tuck is beginning tomorrow night on V/L (channel 70 in Muzha). It’ll be cut to shit (arr, arr), but still worth the effort.

Regular cable ain’t so bad. I’d probably keep it if I went satellite.[/quote]

Nip & Tuck is left uncut on Dream satellite ETC channel.

Most people keep both satellite and cable as one partner needs something from Taiwan. We get all the channels both Chinese and English direct from the satellites as the picture quality is better as it’s direct.

The cable TV in my town drops out in the rain so the onlt two places left with TV are my place and the coffee shop which has one of our receivers in there. They let us use their rooftop for satellite dishes.

I’m an NBA fan and the only way I can get all the games is from my hubby’s satellites as the local cable in Taiwan only shows some games. Same for NFL. I love Motogp and F1 and to get them without the annoying ad breaks is a treat.

Same here (on CATV).

I’m watching CSI Miami Season 2 on DVD right now. Season 1 started out OK, but only a couple of eps into Season 2 its already burned out, old, hackneyed and lacking any kind of spark.
TV really, really, really sucks.

[quote=“Satellite TV”]For those of you with the Dream Satellite TV system CSI Season 5 begins tonight at 10pm followed by CSI NY Season 1 at 11pm on AXN :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Those of you with cable tv will not thave these shows on at the same on Taiwan AXN.Some shows you will not have such as CSI NY :blush: :blush:

For more information go to www.axn-Asia.com and click on the country guide. Dream TV is from the Philippines. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Some of todays schedule: :smiley: :smiley:

6:00 Gensomaden Saiyuki
6:30 Gensomaden Saiyuki
7:00 The Amazing Race (Season IV)
8:00 Alias (Season II)
9:00 COLD SQUAD (Season IV)
10:00 PENSACOLA (SEASON III) - Officers And Gentlemen
11:00 The Amazing Race (Season IV)
12:00 CSI: NEW YORK (SEASON 1)
13:00 Alias (Season II)
14:00 COLD SQUAD (Season IV)
15:00 The Amazing Race (Season VII)
16:00 Maximum Exposure (Season II)
17:00 Gensomaden Saiyuki
17:30 Gensomaden Saiyuki
18:00 PENSACOLA (SEASON III) - Tattoo
19:00 Alias (Season II)
20:00 The Amazing Race (Season VII)
22:00 CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (SEASON 5)
23:00 CSI: NEW YORK (SEASON 1)
0:00 The Amazing Race (Season VII)
2:00 FEAR FACTOR (SEASON V)
3:00 CSI: NEW YORK (SEASON 1)
4:00 ROCKFACE (SEASON II)
5:00 COLD SQUAD (Season IV)[/quote]

CSI Miami starts on AXN Dream TV tonight at 10pm - 12am
Episodes 1 & 2

There are back to back episodes every Monday week

With a hot sun, hot beaches and plenty of hot babes, Miami is also a hot spot for crime