The Curious Cases of Anthony Weiner and Tony Clement

I see it as a judgement issue as well. If it mattered enough for him to resign, then if he wanted to continue in politics, he should have stopped.

[quote]NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – New York City mayoral hopeful Anthony Weiner has dropped to fourth place in a poll released on Monday.

A new poll of likely Democratic voters taken by Quinnipiac University shows the disgraced former congressman trailing City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, Public Advocate Bill de Blasio and former city comptroller Bill Thompson.

In addition, the poll shows that a majority of likely voters — 53 percent — think Weiner should step aside in light of recent revelations of another sexting scandal.

As CBS 2′s Marcia Kramer reported, he’s plummeted from first to fourth place in less than a week as the latest scandal has taken its toll.

In just five days since the last Quinnipiac poll, Weiner has dropped 10 percentage points, to 16 percent support among those polled.[/quote]

newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/07/29/ … ger-quits/

I can’t imagine why the people of NYC would turn on such a free thinking modern liberal progressive man simply expressing his confidence by dangling his sexual organs over social media outlets that have the possibility of reaching millions, nay billions of people worldwide.

For his sake, I hope he’s huge. :laughing:

Speaking of curious guess who officiated at the Weiners’ wedding, pronouncing them husband and wife? Makes sense that Tony would go off the rails in such spectacularly Clintonian fashion given his choice of role models.

So who then? :s

Bill?

I do . . . too.

[quote=“rodeo”][quote]NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) –
I can’t imagine why the people of NYC would turn on such a free thinking modern liberal progressive man simply expressing his confidence by dangling his sexual organs over social media outlets that have the possibility of reaching millions, nay billions of people worldwide.

For his sake, I hope he’s huge. :laughing:[/quote][/quote]

Maybe the good upstanding conservative Christians of Louisiana could lend them Dave Vitter?

“I’m opposed to homosexuality- I believe sex should be between a man, a dominatrix, and a (full) diaper, the way God intended”

The difference is, of course, the Republicans of Louisiana voted their pervert into the Senate, while New Yorkers are rejecting Weiner.

Canada has its own Weiner. :smile::smile:

OTTAWA — A former cabinet minister and current member of Parliament was asked to leave the Conservative caucus on Wednesday after acknowledging he had sent sexually explicit photographs and a video to a woman over a three-week period.

Tony Clement, the ex-minister who twice ran for the leadership of the Conservatives, said in a statement on Tuesday night that he had believed the recipient was “consenting.” But he said, without offering details, that he had “been targeted for the purpose of financial extortion.”

How broken is your life if you are willing to send digital images of your nekkid self to people you’ve never met (much less established a relationship with)?

Like Weiner, this guy amazes me with his profound fuckwittery. It’s like a Roadrunner vs Wiley Coyote cartoon. He’d be better off hoarding anvils from the ACME company.

Or having predatory behaviour on Instagram! Freaky fucker. LOL.

For the record, I have 6 people blocked on Instagram and Tony Clement is one of them. We met at an event for young women in politics, he proceeded to like my pics dating back several years, he’s old enough to be my dad. I thought it was weird, so I blocked him.

Great one liner in this Blatchford article on Clement:

“A stiff prick knows no conscience.”

Were his posts just this relatively old guy (Clement is 57) trying to reach his constituents and fellow Conservatives in the modern manner, or was he creeping, as a legion of young women have claimed on their social media feeds (“Every girl in Canada with an Instagram was wondering when this would finally happen,” said one) to meet what she described as “literally any age 20-26 Canadian girl with a medium length haircut”?

It’s a reminder, if nothing else, that when it comes to lust, brains are the first thing to go out the window.

How did he manage not to learn the lesson of the felicitously named Anthony Weiner, the former Democratic congressman who resigned over one sexting scandal, only to repeat the behaviour while trying to make a political comeback and who, as of last fall, was in jail for sexting a minor?

The issue with Clement is that it’s a national security problem. Sending photos of your cock to people – consensual or otherwise – opens yourself up to blackmail and extortion. When you’re part of the Privy Council and sit on various committees of that nature it’s a big no-no. As a private citizen: who cares. But as someone like that, shame.

That being said, I’m waiting for someone to photoshop Clement’s head onto Mark Whalberg/Dirk Diggler from the infamous last scene in Boogie Nights and try and convince people it’s the leaked photo.

No shit: he gets briefed on CSIS stuff. To take photos, videos of your penis, etc. is idiotic, as is being so aggressive on Instagram to so many people. Opening yourself up to blackmail. His poor wife and family.

That being said, he had a reputation of being a good guy (saved a drowning person a few years ago) with strong outreach to immigrants, etc.

That’s why it’s so bizarre. He’s the least offensive person I know in federal politics.

Although there’s a strong national security angle to this, some of the stuff women are coming forward with is nonsense.

Here’s an example:

“Maddy Fast, an NDP volunteer who works as a nude model on the side, told VICE News that Clement started liking her photos in 2014, when she was 18. Eventually, he began sending her direct messages, and that’s when it got “creepy,” she said.”

She posted a nude on her instagram with the caption ‘good night’. Clement responded ‘Good night’. Is it creepy? Or is he making fun of her? What kind of response was she expecting from people? Women and their lack of ability to think things through…

:laughing::joy::joy::joy::joy: Tommy Douglas is turning over in his grave.