The Dark Lord

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my concerns. Although I still don

The Dark Lord once again…

I was happy to see some positive feedback come my way via this posting. That was a welcome sight. I may be the Dark Lord, but clearly I’m not the devil…at least…not yet!

I was trying to play nice, but I am a little annoyed that the devoted forumosa readers might be being led astray. Fact is, these are no more than personal attacks. I mean…I won’t out your names, but aprimo…who is one of only two people to post negatively about me…not my company…is a former employee.

This same employee definitely didn’t see eye to eye with “the company.” There were trouble and disagreements with her contract, and pay. In the end, the company gave into the demands of the employee. At times, the employee was in the right, and made the company aware of it…congrats for fighting for your right!

The contract ended…she wasn’t renewed…so was she bitter at the company…maybe…but it seems only my name has prevailed as the evil-doer. Clearly, as I stated before…I am just an employee of a bigger machine…must I be attacted personally?

If Forumosa is against personal attacts, why not edit out my name? I mean, I am the director for Foresight…that’s true…if the name of the company was slandered…then they would most certainly know to stay away from what others see as a “bad employer”

As for stragbasher…come on. It’s her boyfriend. I am sure he told his sweetie…“hey honey…watch this!” Have you managed to get out all your testosterone now big boy? Good for you! How many posts do these people have? Look at that name, “basher!” Gee I wonder what kind of guy he is?

Thanks for those who defended the right of a personal name not to be outed for purpose of personal attact. I appreciate that. Thanks to those who wrote good comments about their employ while at Foresight. After all, this whole strife is written by two people! Let’s not lose sight of this folks.

Sorry, my gloves came off there for a bit, but this is a well deserved retort! I don’t think I’ll be back for a third round, I have had my full of this particular rant. Nevertheless, free speech and all that, I guess it just comes with the territory. Cheers

The Dark Lord

WAS

This is the other thing; I had this overriding sense the whole time we worked together that jamesdeanwashere thought, for some reason – maybe because I was a sweet-looking Asian girl – that I wouldn’t have convictions or fighting-spirit of my own.

As for choosing to focus my comments on an individual rather than the company: I did not have much experience with the rest of the company. Out of at least a dozen staff members, I knew the names of only three. As far as I know, the accounting department was great. The department handling study abroad and exchange programs had nothing to do with me. In terms of my teaching job, Mr. Dean was running the show. He was it.

But whether an individual, a group of agents, or the teacher-recruiting staff of a public school – one thing, in my opinion, should be understood: RETENTION. A the very least, an organization can save time and money by not having to recruit, hire and train new teachers every year or semester. And from a nobler perspective, you owe it to the students not to be changing teachers so often. During the time I was under contract at this job (again, I’m just speaking of my own exerience), I watched 4 other teachers come and go from my school. Out of those four, I thought three of them were great teachers.

And I’m the fifth.

Let me just add that I am pretty much baring myself here. If you’ve visited my website link, or you know my email address, you’ll have seen that my handle is almost not one at all. I know full well people will disagree, and I’m prepared to receive. But this IS a discussion forum, and I will say once more, as I said in my original posting, that I’m not telling people to avoid jobs at Foresight like the plague. I’m just laying down my experiences with Mr. Lloyd as a warning of what to expect for those teachers and/or job-seekers that share my hopes and convictions.