The Deportation of Ben Hlavaty

[quote=“spaint”][quote=“housecat”]
I wasn’t shot down in by Taiwanese immigration. My problem was getting the FBI to accept my fingerprints! It took two years! Taiwanese immigration has been fabulous, actually.[/quote]

This contradicts what you said in 2010 here:

and here:

Can you clarify? I think Ben Hlavaty would be very interested.[/quote]

Yes, I can.

OUTSIDE of TAiwan, before I ever landed here, I tried several times to apply for the visa I just picked up today, but they would not grant it to me for the reason I stated in the other thread. A second factor may be that my ex’s family member is in charge of issuing these visas, although not in the office where I applied. Maybe that had no bearing, I don’t really know. But most countries will not issue a visa to a foreigner based on being a family member of a minor citizen.

INSIDE of Taiwan, I’ve been told to apply for this visa many times. I believe this is because I am my son’s sole guardian. He is a citizen. If they deport me, there is no one else to support him. Ben Hlavarty may not have the same result that I’ve had if his son’s Taiwanese family have any custodial rights to him. If there is a mother, or other responsible Taiwanese family, Ben may be out of luck. But in MY case, if they ask me to leave, they leave a minor Taiwanese citizen without support and create a ward of the state. Of course, I could and WOULD take him with me, but they also can’t (don’t want to) create a situation that would cause a citizen to be forced to live in another country.

The troubles I had with this were getting the FBI to accept my fingerprints because the ALWAYS come out wierd due to a skin problem I have called Eczema, even when my fingers look fine. I had the same problems in the States doing the same kind of prints for teaching jobs, but in that case it was much easier to call and clear things up. From here, it takes six weeks per rejection, and I’ve had to re-submit several times and wait for them to reject them again! The Immigrations office was ready to accept the next rejection letter I got, but this last time the FBI finally accepted the prints!

So, there you have it.