The Diner

oops. Simultaneous posts, but as you can see, almost identical.

check out the map
thediner.com.tw/where.htm

Just got back from The Diner with a happy belly & load of fresh clothes.

While thoroughly enjoying The Diner’s scrumptious Salmon Burger this evening, my dirty duds where swirling in suds right next door at the new coin-op laundromat.

For the first time, I’m truly psyched about doing laundry.

I just don’t learn.

Went to the Diner for a late lunch on Friday. Ordered the Jumbo burger. Finished it. Struggled through the rest of my afternoon. :doh:

Awesome burger. :thumbsup:

I bet they wish they had a bigger place.

Went there on Sunday morning at 10:45, now they open at 10:30 so I thought no problem I’ll just saunter in and get a table, no such luck at 10:45 there was already a line, we didn’t get a seat until 11:30.

Weekend mornings are just way too busy, I’ve started to notice it’s getting harder and harder to get a table at lunch as well. Just hope it doesn’t get as busy as Bongos, they accept reservations during the week but on weekends you just have to wait or call and be put on the waiting list.

I went there today around 3:30 and didn’t have trouble getting a table, guess we were lucky.
Had an excellent Blue Cheese Burger.
It’s becoming a favourite of mine. :slight_smile:

3.5 / 5 stars.

A little hard to find the first time. Just down the street from Chinese Culture University downtown campus. Turn left at the Niko Mart corner store. Walk a minute down the lane and the Diner is on the right hand side.

Friendly service.
Food was good.

We had the pancake Breafast Special (2 eggs, hash browns and sausage, orange juice and all you can drink coffee). Also had the Pastrami on Rye sandwich. Not bad.

Only problem were the noise levels in the place.

A group of Chinese girls came in and started screaming and shouting and laughing and then, oddly, the staff cranked up the music…

I think they need to try and sound-proof the walls in that place or something.

Overall, a good dining experience.

Yes! Last time I was there, I started getting a little twitchy from the loudness - it seriously drives me to distraction. Tiled floors, bare, concrete walls, concrete ceiling, and loud patrons make for a very noisy dining experience. I like the food and the service there, but the place is just too renao for me to handle. :blush:

Im going to the Diner tonight. If anyone wants to come along, send me a pm :slight_smile: I think Funk500 is going to join me, but not sure yet…

What time?

Yeah… what time?

Is about 7.30pm ok?

I will leave here (Cin Shuan/Banciao) at about 6pm just to make sure I dont get lost and end up being late…

We might have to book a table I think if more than 2 or 3 of us are going…?

Sorry, I’m out.
I don’t get off work till later.
Enjoy!

7:30 is OK for me. My boy might join me.

Sorry we’ll miss you Josefus.

No probs Josefus…

Next time I will plan it better…

Tigerman - I assume you are a guy, judging by your username?

Is your boy your partner or your son?

No problem either way - Im just curious :slight_smile:

I have an online friend that will be there too, she is a cool girl and is going to give me a tour of the local area after dinner

Should be a good night! Seeya at 7.30pm

Yes.

Son.

See you then. Hope Funk500 can make it, too.

Yep Funk is going to be there… I just got off the phone with him…

Ill be wearing black jeans, black and white striped shirt and brown shoes. Just look for the big goofy looking guy :smiley:

You’ll be dressed as a mime?

Vertical stripes :wink:

A good night! Thanks for coming along guys. My meatloaf was mediocre (4/10), but the company was great and the burgers that everyone else ordered looked really fantastic

Nice meeting you guys as well. The burger was fantastic.