The downstairs neighbors (that we have never met) are suing us (criminal and civil charges)

From my understanding it was for the neighbor to drop the charges. But I don’t have a copy of what she signed, and I wasn’t allowed to be in the room because I wasn’t named on the suboena.

1 Like

Ok. My son was punished for this incident. Quite harshly by my wife. He said he did it because the downstairs initially called our family liars. He over heard the conversation with the front desk where they called us all liars. He took it personally, which was wrong. But hey he’s a kid, who of us here hasn’t done something stupid as a kid? I know for a fact I did a lot worse than that.

8 Likes

Punish, heck I’d buy the lad a beer. Good on him for sticking it to the neighbors from hell.

2 Likes

I think this was our problem. The apartment we were living in was too expensive. 4 bedrooms ($80,000 NT per month). All the neighbors were rich, and didn’t have enough to do with their time. Now we live in an average apartment next to working class people, they’re too busy with kids and work to bother suing people. They also seem much nicer.

8 Likes

What will you do now@taipei18? Edit, sorry missed that last post . Seems like moving on best

Does he understand that matters became worse for what he did? Or doe she feel justified in his revenge?

I do not advocate tit for tat. Revenge? Now the neighbors are after him. Taking things personally is actually OK, he cares about his family. However, what was he trying to accomplish by ringing their bell? Annoying them more? He succeeded.

Stupid? Not really. What I want you guys to discuss with him the train of thought that led to this. Because a momentary “pleasure” in revenge did not accomplish more than making things worse.

If you did things worse than that and recognize them as stupid, fine. But please discuss the consequences of one´s actions with the kid. And why his action in particular was not vengeful but stupid. It did not accomplish anything but give fodder to the neighbors.

I can think of many, many other ways his revenge could have been more delicious. Actually, not in any of those scenarios do ringing bells in front of cameras come up.

Again, how ringing their bell in front of cameras accomplish this? Think about it, that was the last thing you could do. I bet someone with your imagination can think of many other alternatives.

It was the actions of an immature kid. The camera was hidden behind something, so it’s not like he was aware of it. But he knows it was stupid, made things worse, and could have ended much worse if they were gang members … etc.

It’s not like he hasn’t been lectured and disciplined over it. But there’s only so much discipline and lectures a kid should need to endure over something where no property was damaged, and nobody was injured or endangered.

4 Likes

And he is just 12… ayayayayyyy…wish you strength and wisdom as he enters adolescence.

Maybe give it a rest on the kid issue? Taipei18 seems to have it more than under control.

6 Likes

Yes he does.

Fify.

Bonus points if it happened during Tet. :fireworks: